Home Sports Talk
Options

The Miami Heatles

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    "My suggestion would be if you don't want the scrutiny, you don't hold a championship celebration before you've even practiced together." -- Stan Van Gundy
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>"My suggestion would be if you don't want the scrutiny, you don't hold a championship celebration before you've even practiced together." -- Stan Van Gundy >>

Smart man, that Stan...
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no crying in baseball....but I guess there is in basketball!!! image

• Options
    I'm takin' my talents to the BST Forum....
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    Can't wait for their first round exit vs. the Knicks. image
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    They are starting to crumble
  • Options
    You have a typo in your headline. It is "Le Heat". I know because it lost to "Los Bulls" on Sunday.

/All in the name of the hispanic community.
    //we still speak English in this country right?

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>You have a typo in your headline. It is "Le Heat". I know because it lost to "Los Bulls" on Sunday.

//we still speak English in this country right? >>

Si
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing the number of people that wanted to see them fail greatly outnumber the number of people that wanted to see them succeed? I saw that with my friends way back when they put the team together. And I'm definitely not one of them that wanted to see them succeed.
  • Options

<< <i>You have a typo in your headline. It is "Le Heat". I know because it lost to "Los Bulls" on Sunday.

Actually it is "El Heat". If they move to Montreal, it would then be "Le Heat".
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    actually, with Bosh's flop last week, the Heat would fit right in in Montreal....
  • Options

<< <i>

Actually it is "El Heat". If they move to Montreal, it would then be "Le Heat". >>

Thanks, that is what happens when I type too fast and don't bother to spellcheck. Funny how it changes the entire meaning.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>actually, with Bosh's flop last week, the Heat would fit right in in Montreal.... >>

Are you taking a shot at Le Habitants?
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    This swoon is common on any team in any sport that is star loaded. They need to learn their respective roles from each other. Some teams never accomplish what would seem to be a simple effort. Time will tell as to whether or not the Heat can lead the pack.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
  • Options

parquet flooring at the FleetCenter? image

Well, at least Doc Rivers doesn't smoke victory cigars on the bench! image

rd
  • Options
    Some just HAD to drag this one up. image

Bosh still looks like an ostrich. image

GO DALLAS!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Some just HAD to drag this one up. image

Bosh still looks like an ostrich. image

GO DALLAS!!!! >>

funny, I always thought Kevin Garnett's head was too small for his body!

Am I right image

rd

P.S. And his neck reminds me of a snapping turtle's ................. long! image

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope LeBron has fun celebrating his empty championship... no one cares.
  • Options
    Still, Steve Grogan has the most famous neck in New England sports history -- wow, reminds me a lot of Peyton Manning!

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>I hope LeBron has fun celebrating his empty championship... no one cares. >>

you're wrong. someone here does. i watched it and gotta say that no matter what you think of LeBron, he gots game.

he took the best defense in the NBA to school and proved even winning ugly is still winning.

the NBA Finals will be a dogfight and it will be nice to see some new faces in the mix. go Dallas, beat Miami because they're good.
  • Options

<< <i>I hope LeBron has fun celebrating his empty championship... no one cares. >>

Maybe no one cares in the Northeast!

But we do care here in South Florida!

rd
  • Options

<< <i>Still, Steve Grogan has the most famous neck in New England sports history -- wow, reminds me a lot of Peyton Manning!

image >>

No wonder this woman loves Garnett, Bosh and Grogan!

P.S. edit: I put together a contest for all us basketball fans, weither you love or hate the Heat & Mavs, they did it!

So voice your opinion, make your picks and win some Jordan/Bulls memorabilia

The contest is over on the: SPORTS CARDS & MEMORABILIA FORUM THREAD.

Here's the link, contest, open to all! Mavs vs. Heat Contest LINK

rd

good luck! image