Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Modern guys.....get any grades on Mint State 2011 Lincolns yet??

Wondering what you guys are seeing with the 2011 Lincolns from Mint sets and your overall impression of the 2011 coins? Anyone get any grades on their Lincolns yet???? I will wait to post my impressions and submission results as I only went through approx. 100 sets. Thanks all, Chris

Comments

• Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Sent my stuff to NGC as i could not afford to slab coins at minimum ms66 grade with PCGS.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sent my stuff to NGC as i could not afford to slab coins at minimum ms66 grade with PCGS. >>

Wow! That's going to be a serious hit to PCGS' bottom line! What's the damage to ask for a Min. 66 grade these days?
  • Options
    I doubt my $ means that much to them. I would have loved to get my coins in their slabs but they insist that I turn in whole sets these days ans slab non-profitable coins. Do you have any idea how many non-profitable ms66 coins there are in 100-200 sets? to me the profit starts at 67 on these sets. There will be good money on 68's and higher. Oh, i can't even remember what they were going to charge me but my guess would be $6 or $8 on 66, $10 or $12 67 and $15 on 68. NGC slabs these early release not sure if PCGS is.......
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Can ANYONE get PCGS to slab 2011 Lincoln cent proof coins and business strikes with the traditional Lincoln obverse showing on the FRONT of the slab? To those of us who collect Lincoln cents in PCGS holders it would be nice to get back to the way ALL Lincoln cents were holdered by PCGS thru 2008. Thanks, Steveimage
  • Options

<< <i>Can ANYONE get PCGS to slab 2011 Lincoln cent proof coins and business strikes with the traditional Lincoln obverse showing on the FRONT of the slab? To those of us who collect Lincoln cents in PCGS holders it would be nice to get back to the way ALL Lincoln cents were holdered by PCGS thru 2008. Thanks, Steveimage >>

Hi Steve- The thought never crossed my mind nor probably any others sending them in for grading! They are called Shield cents so the vast majority of collectors would probably prefer the Shield showing, may take anyway. You could probably request it if you sent it in to be reholdered. I'll think about it if I send any more in!
  • Options
    There will be some MS 68 Lincoln's more P than D from what i see. 67 relatively easy.
  • Options

<< <i>

Hi Steve- The thought never crossed my mind nor probably any others sending them in for grading! They are called Shield cents so the vast majority of collectors would probably prefer the Shield showing, may take anyway. You could probably request it if you sent it in to be reholdered. I'll think about it if I send any more in! >>

Chris,
    The reason I ask is the fact that the DATE and the MINTMARK for all Lincoln cents appear on the obverse. I understood why the four 2009 reverses and even the 2010 shield reverse were put on the front of the PCGS holder. But now we can expect shield reverses appearing on ALL Lincoln cents into the future. Wouldn't you want to know if the coin was a "D" or a "plain" and what year is was? As far as proofs go, we can tell if it is a proof by observation, but what year is it? I know PCGS will eventually get around to changing back to the "correct" way of displaying the Lincoln cent, but the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.
    Steveimage
  • Options
    Thats just dumb putting the shield side on the front of the holder. image
  • Options
    I searched through 10 rolls of each and I ended up sending 15-P's and 9-D's all are in MS67 or + condition.

Last year I sent in 17-D's and they all came back MS67!! image
    Jaime image ~Proof Roosevelt Hoarder~ My Roosevelt Set
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a really stunning one this morning, will image it out later.
  • Options

<< <i>I searched through 10 rolls of each and I ended up sending 15-P's and 9-D's all are in MS67 or + condition.

Last year I sent in 17-D's and they all came back MS67!! image >>

Let us know how you do!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I searched through 10 rolls of each and I ended up sending 15-P's and 9-D's all are in MS67 or + condition.

Let us know how you do! >>

Will do...they were received at NGC 3/7/11!!
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A while back I thought the First strike and signature coins did not count for registry sets???is that true ?? I know I had to wait till a traditional blue label coin popped up for sale which is all I care about.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options

Grades back!!

6-P's were MS68 9-P's were MS67
    2-D's were MS68 7-D's were MS67
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< I searched through 10 rolls of each and I ended up sending 15-P's and 9-D's all are in MS67 or + condition. Last year I sent in 17-D's and they all came back MS67!! >>

Grades back!!
    6-P's were MS68 9-P's were MS67
    2-D's were MS68 7-D's were MS67 >>

Very Nice !!! Full Bands?

We have been busy with other searches and have not had a chance to screen our 2011 Dime rolls / boxes. Sounds like there are going to be some High end coins being graded for the Roosevelt guys
  • Options

<< <i>
    Very Nice !!! Full Bands?

We have been busy with other searches and have not had a chance to screen our 2011 Dime rolls / boxes. Sounds like there are going to be some High end coins being graded for the Roosevelt guys >>

image I thought we were taking about Lincolns.

As for the Roosevelts.....
    I got all were pulled out of mint sets.
    I couldn't get my hands on any rolls.
    P's 4 MS67FT & 6 MS68FT
    D's 2 MS67FT & 3 MS68FT

Someone popped a MS69FT!! Link
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I am not doing Lincolns with PCGS any longer - too much hard play on valid coins. I am personally tired of trying to hit or wait for the day they get back to the norm.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AND, we never did get a reason from PCGS why the 2010's barely got graded above MS 65.. I would like to know why now it appears 2011 are doing "better". Its not like it some darn top trade secret..was it poor strike, worn dies, crappy ???

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed that the spotting on the 2011s has been much diminished. spots are spots, spots are defects (mintmade or not) and defects knock down grade, so it seems those small black pool spots are just as effective as carbon spots in lowering the grade.
  • Options
    I sent in a pair of 2010 and only got 65's hoping for better... one coin has the shield in front of the holder and the other coin has the lincoln head in front... so thanks for letting me kjnow the norm is the shield in front... probably not worth the slabbing costs, perhaps the head in front of the holder error is valuable.. ha ha...
  • Options

<< <i>... one coin has the shield in front of the holder and the other coin has the lincoln head in front... so thanks for letting me kjnow the norm is the shield in front... probably not worth the slabbing costs, perhaps the head in front of the holder error is valuable.. ha ha... >>

If the "lincoln head in front..." has been the "normal" on PCGS holders since the inception of PCGS in 1986, why is the "shield in front" now the NEW normal? Steveimage
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    COIN INFORMATION
    Cert Verification #: 19528650
    PCGS Coin #: 505055
    Date, mintmark: 2011
    Denomination: 1C
    Variety: Shield
    Minor Variety:
    Mint Error:
    Pedigree:
    Grade: MS68RD