Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

It's "whatzit" time again, folks! Help me with mine! Bring one of yours!

Some of these are "semi-whatzits" because I have some partial information or an educated guess.

I'd welcome any further information. Anything you can help with, be it attribution or estimated values.

Got a Whatzit of your own? Bring it, yo!

LordM Whatzit 1- Unknown (German States? Austrian States?) copper, probably ca. 17th-18th century. I haven't completely mulled over those coats of arms yet (edit- oh! Wait a sec... is it Liege?) 23 mm, thin.

LordM Whatzits 2A- Russian wire money kopecks, but what century/ruler/approx. value? (Picture 2A has the sides with the most lettering).

LordM Whatzits 2B- Russian wire money kopecks, ditto- (Picture 2B is of the same coins but has the sides with pictorial elements, if any).

LordM Whatzit 3- Roman AE4, I guess of the emperor Theodosius (I haven't fiddled around on Wildwinds with these Romans, yet). 15 mm.

LordM Whatzit 4- Roman AE3/centenionalis- but which emperor? Presumably 4th century. 20.5 x 21.5 mm.

LordM Whatzit 5- Roman AE2- Valentinian? 24.5 x 26.5 mm.

LordM Whatzit 6- I'm pretty sure I know what this is- it's a Prager groschen from medieval Bohemia. But what's the date range? 1400s? Value, as-is? 32 mm, billon or silver, probably the latter.

LordM Whatzit 7- Weird old token with an early automobile on one side and St. Christopher(?) on the other? Looks like the car Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife were assassinated in at Sarajevo in 1914, thereby kicking off WW1. Look- see 'em there in the backseat, with their plumed hats? 23.5 mm, copper or bronze.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments