Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Thanks Handyman!

Well after a lot of whining and moaning about a PSA 8 Eddie Murray rookie card I bought on ebay and didn't like, Derek offered to trade me his 9(PD) for my 8 that I thought should have been a 4.

He ended up sending me 4 free cards in addition to the Murray rookie, so now I owe him a favor or two. Thanks man!

Comments

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely forgot about that it had a wrinkle and just looked over the card after you said that. There is something there but I dont think its anything to worry about. Not a crease and looks more like a bump or something. A great looking 8. And I just love 50-50 lr so thanks again for the card as well.
  • LOL, that entire thread was nothing but me bit©hing and moaning about it! How could you possibly forget? image

I'm glad you like it, and if you change your mind in the next couple days, we can always send it back to the original ebay seller for a refund.

I'll be keeping the 9 PD for now... maybe crack it out and resubmit in the future, or maybe I'll sell it. Or maybe I'll just keep it how it is. I seriously doubt it will get a 9 NQ if I crack it out, so I wonder if it would make sense to send it for review without cracking it out and specifying that I want a minimum 8 NQ, with instructions to otherwise leave it how it is with its current grade. It would only cost $5 plus return shipping to do that, and worst case scenario, it comes back in its current holder.

It's obviously not worth 9 NQ money, but I suspect it will pull more than 8 NQ money if I sell it, since it's such a high end 9Q, with just a few print defects that are hardly noticeable.
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Sounds like a great trade for both of you. Congratulations!!!!!!!
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Great gesture from Handyman!

those are some Great Eights of classic 80s rookie cards!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries.. I really did forget about the wrinkle(today when I got it), I just forgot to look for it once I openend the package if that make sence. But I did look at it after I saw what you posted this.
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    So you sent Handyman a Murray rc worth $50, and he sent you a Murray rc worth $25?
    Congratulations on a fantastic deal
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    it's even funnier when i envision Spicoli saying that. image

• << <i>So you sent Handyman a Murray rc worth $50, and he sent you a Murray rc worth $25?
    Congratulations on a fantastic deal >>

Thanks for revealing your own ignorance, and for shítting on this thread.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    +1 for successfully skirting the profanity filter