Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Online world coin resource????

Is there an online resource for world coinage? Like an online Krause or anything?

Going thru a large lot of world coins and want to pull any silver coins out.....

Thanks for the help.
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    World Coin Gallery is about as good as you'll get:

World Coin Gallery
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don's WCG website is great, but it's not much use for those trying to fish out all the silver, since composition is rarely mentioned.

NumisMaster is the website run by Krause. It's awkward to use, especially for non-IE-users, but you can access Krause's database of world coins for free. Click on "find my coin" to access the database. If you want detailed catalogue info you have to register and if you want mintages and catalogue values you have to pay for a subscription, but if all you need to do is check composition and actual silver weight then you can do that for free.
    Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the links! Numismaster is just what I needed.
    imageimage

• Options
    This site does not have silver, at least not yet, but it does break out the base metal coins and their base metal value. Interesting resource.

http://www.currencydebasement.com

• Options
    Hi all,
    Actual Silver Weight (ASW) is included at worldcoingallery.com
    If you suspect your coin contains silver, use the "Click Here for Coin Values" link at the top of each country page.
    You'll find ASW in the last column. If there's a value in that column, then your coin contains silver.
    Values are given in Troy ounces.
    Check it out!
    Don
    Don Norris
    worldcoingallery.com
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi all,
    Actual Silver Weight (ASW) is included at worldcoingallery.com
    If you suspect your coin contains silver, use the "Click Here for Coin Values" link at the top of each country page.
    You'll find ASW in the last column. If there's a value in that column, then your coin contains silver.
    Values are given in Troy ounces.
    Check it out!
    Don >>

At first, Don, I thought you were the SaintGuru, with that avatar.
    P.S. welcome to the boards, although you joined three years ago. Where have you been?
    Paul
  • Options
    Thanks, pmac. March 15th I'll try again to upload my trademark Sherlock Holmes looking at a coin to use as an avatar on this board.
    I keep pretty busy posting coin photos to WCG and just launched World Banknote Gallery last month with over 40,000 world banknotes listed and over 26,000 photos.
    I also manage 4 Yahoo discussion groups. Not to mention actively trading coins. But I do visit here occasionally. This is definitely a GREAT forum. I'll try to chime in more often!

Don Norris
    worldcoingallery.com