Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I heard that the remaining 5oz ATB Rounds to be released ...

will not be as big [in size] as the first (5) coins issued, is there any truth to that? image
If so, can you provide a link as to "why" and... just how big WILL they be? (seriously) image
Thanks!
As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do. ~Zachary Scott <>
Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is? ~Frank Scully

Comments

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that there was an authorization that let them reduce the size to less than 3" if needed.

I believe that it has been stated that the sets will continue to remain the same size of 3". The mint is all set up for it now.
  • Options
    CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405

<< <i>I understand that there was an authorization that let them reduce the size to less than 3" if needed.

I believe that it has been stated that the sets will continue to remain the same size of 3". The mint is all set up for it now. >>

Correct on both points!
  • Options
    When will they go on sale. Will they be sold on the US Mint site.
  • Options
    According to the US Mint Rep. I spoke with earlier today... no. They will be available to authorized distributors only. image
    As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do. ~Zachary Scott <>
  • Options
    and she didn't have any info as to when the next in the series would be released.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

If you were to talk to someone else at the mint you would get a different answer. Those people don't know s---.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so is it safe to assume that it will be picture post city around here
    when these get in hand?......I wanna see some of these babies for real
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options

When you call the mint doesn't someone from India pickup?

imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>I understand that there was an authorization that let them reduce the size to less than 3" if needed.

I believe that it has been stated that the sets will continue to remain the same size of 3". The mint is all set up for it now. >>

Batman is correct. Due to the Coin Modernization Act, they can change the size of these to somewhere between 2.5"-3". However, it was stated sometime in the last two months that the size would remain at 3'' at least for the time being. Makes sense, as they've "perfected" striking them at 3''--and while that is difficult--why change it up, creating possible problems and a rerun of the last SNAFU?

I wouldn't be too surprised if they change the size at some point in the future though.

The 2011 bullion ATBs will surely be minted in much higher levels, so they will probably be treated more like the ASEs (no need for HH limits, etc).
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When will they go on sale. Will they be sold on the US Mint site. >>

The bullion versions will continue to be sold only to dealers; however their will be "collector" versions with a "P" Mint-mark which will be sold via the Mint web site directly to the public. The only question is when this will happen.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file