Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is Silver going higher??

I think it will hit new highs before its over!

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    The higher gold goes, the bigger bargain silver becomes. Scarcity in physical supplies will contribute to pushing it towards $150-$200 silver before it's all over and a return to the historical silver to gold price ratio of 16-20 : 1
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    <<< Is Silver going higher?? >>>

My Magic 8-Ball says "Yes, you may rely on it"
  • Options

<< <i>The higher gold goes, the bigger bargain silver becomes. Scarcity in physical supplies will contribute to pushing it towards $150-$200 silver before it's all over and a return to the historical silver to gold price ratio of 16-20 : 1 >>

WOW that`s optimism for ya!!! I don`t think I could hold all the way to $150.00, I would sell before that!

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

For right now: BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY until you cant afford to buy anymore.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a great poll for the Precious Metals Forum.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear rules, but for how long?
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The higher gold goes, the bigger bargain silver becomes. Scarcity in physical supplies will contribute to pushing it towards $150-$200 silver before it's all over and a return to the historical silver to gold price ratio of 16-20 : 1 >>

WOW that`s optimism for ya!!! I don`t think I could hold all the way to $150.00, I would sell before that!

image >>

It's sad really. The dollar has lost 20% of it's purchasing power in the last 30 years since it became a fiat ponzi scheme backed instrument on the back of ever increasing government debt. If the Hunt's and a few of their Arab buddies managed to push it up to $50 before, $150-$200 silver, without even taking into account for inflation, is actually a conservative figure given the number of hedge funds and billionaires around the world with trillions on the side lines looking to protect their wealth.
  • Options

It's sad really. The dollar has lost 20% of it's purchasing power in the last 30 years since it became a fiat ponzi scheme backed instrument on the back of ever increasing government debt. If the Hunt's and a few of their Arab buddies managed to push it up to $50 before, $150-$200 silver, without even taking into account for inflation, is actually a conservative figure given the number of hedge funds and billionaires around the world with trillions on the side lines looking to protect their wealth. >>

All those Silver proof sets I Bought over the years, would be worth $300 Melt if silver ever hit $200.00

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sad really. The dollar has lost 20% of it's purchasing power in the last 30 years since it became a fiat ponzi scheme backed instrument on the back of ever increasing government debt. If the Hunt's and a few of their Arab buddies managed to push it up to $50 before, $150-$200 silver, without even taking into account for inflation, is actually a conservative figure given the number of hedge funds and billionaires around the world with trillions on the side lines looking to protect their wealth. >>

That's only true if you look at how many other fiat currencies you could buy with the dollar. It's like asking how many IOU's from Peter could I get with this IOU from Paul? The comparison isn't worth much.

But if you compare the dollar against a basket of commodities, base metals, precious metals, grains, softs, etc....you will quickly figure out that the dollar has lost 80% or more of its actual purchasing power in just the last 10 yrs. But if all you do is buy Euro's with your Dollars, then it's lost "only" 35% of it's power over the past 10 yrs.

Silver will surprise to how far above the current $34 level it will eventually go. I would venture that $50 could occur this year and triple digits within the next few years. But it's always nice to buy on steep dips, such as $26 just a month or two ago.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    Silver Strong Today image
  • Options
    Not long before a new high now!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add up all the CU posts about it going higher, and add up all the CU posts about it going lower...whichever number is bigger, then the opposite will occur. image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Add up all the CU posts about it going higher, and add up all the CU posts about it going lower...whichever number is bigger, then the opposite will occur. image >>

I'd wager the odds of that as slim to none.....with emphasis towards the none part. Most around think it's going higher and for good reason. It won't always go up as there
    will be some deep dips along the way (ie this summer). But silver still has a lot of work to do to reach an inflation adjusted value of its 1980 high. Even using the bogus CPI
    that would mean $75-$125 as a baseline target.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I just had no idea that silver could catch on fire. Are those Hunt brothers around still?
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    i would say 'you're on borrowed time' but i said that $6 ago.......... at this rate nothing would shock me

it's madness, folks.... madness
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold off some around $24, and more around $31, and took a substantial short position at $39.50, so you can bet it's going to go higher image.....but I still have ~75% of the bullion stuff I bought at anywhere from $8-$14/oz, so I got that going for me I guess......
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭

<< <i>I just had no idea that silver could catch on fire. Are those Hunt brothers around still? >>

Maybe it is Warren Buffer. Don't you remember? He was buying tons of phyiscal silver about 10 years ago, but he said it was not practial for everyone. Did he ever sell it? Has he talked about PMs lately?

I wonder if gold will ever get too expensive to be practical? Imagine a single generic saint being worth 5 or 6K and being too much for a little gold shop to handle, and then you would need to do all kinds of paper work just to sell off a few.
  • Options
    Oh yea! BUY BUY BUY It will hit $50 by July4th
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Nobody knows for sure and they're lying if they said they do. If any of us knew for sure we'd sell only at the absolute high and be retired while swimming in pools of cash.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>Oh yea! BUY BUY BUY It will hit $50 by July4th >>

Looking Good !!! image
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    no, but i said that at 35.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting.

Especially since I'm not getting the feeling that there is a "scarcity in physical supplies" with the US Government alone selling 34,000,000+ ounces a year in SAE's. This doesn't even bring into consideration the 90% Silver coinage production for either Silver Proof Sets (at close to 1,000,000 sets a year) nor Silver Quarter Sets nor the vast array of commemoritive dollar coins.

IMO, thats a lot of ounces for being "scarce".
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is/was/will/damn right!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as we have inflation and the value of the dollar erodes, it will continue to go higher. There may be corrections along the way but it will continue to increase in value over the long haul.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>As long as we have inflation and the value of the dollar erodes, it will continue to go higher. There may be corrections along the way but it will continue to increase in value over the long haul. >>

Is this a correction? or are we in a bear market with the dollar still very week?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file