Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1858/7 Flying Eagale

I have a 1858 Flying Eagle pennies. Before I sell I am trying to find out if any are this. Is there a easy way to tell? I try to ask a few coin dealers including online and all I get is I charge x to for looking at a coin. Comparing pictures I am thinking that they are not 8/7 but not a 100% forsure. Any help would be great.
GOOD BST DEALS: cohodk, mikescoins, GritsMan, spinaker2000,
My Ebay Auctions

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you'll find an answer here, but....

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do authentication and attribution for $4 plus return postage. Of course, if you post a clear picture you can find out without shipping it.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    gene1978gene1978 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭
    I posted here to try to gain information so I can decide for myself since I am new collector, then maybe post picture later with what I am thinking. With most of my post there always seems to be a smartbutt which makes me not want to come back here. I am gald that the older collectors are so helpful with the new collectors.
    GOOD BST DEALS: cohodk, mikescoins, GritsMan, spinaker2000,
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try this:

1858/7

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I posted here to try to gain information so I can decide for myself since I am new collector, then maybe post picture later with what I am thinking. With most of my post there always seems to be a smartbutt which makes me not want to come back here. I am gald that the older collectors are so helpful with the new collectors. >>

WTF? With that thin skin, your time here will be very short lived.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they're trying to make fun because seriously it's much easier to answer questions like yours if we can see photos. Look for the broken wing tip, dot above the date and corner of the 7 just to the right top of the second 8 (see Rick's link).
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you purchase the coin as an 1858/7 or not? Did you buy from a knowledgeable source?

hmmmmm,

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I posted here to try to gain information so I can decide for myself since I am new collector, then maybe post picture later with what I am thinking. With most of my post there always seems to be a smartbutt which makes me not want to come back here. I am gald that the older collectors are so helpful with the new collectors. >>

You don't see how photos could help you gain the free information you're requesting?

Google is our friend: 1858/7 Flying Eagle

Some may construe your question as lazy; no photo, no apparent research on your part before posting on this forum, etc.

The post from the older collectors appear to be helpful... yours is the only one that appeared to be a "smartbutt" response?

Give a little to get a little... be careful the type of education you seek.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file