Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Dustin Penner suks! Stupid Kings

I root for the Kings and Ducks since I'm in CA.
I cannot stand Penner. Overpaid with not much to show.
Edmonton got a great deal....a first round pick for 2011, plus a 1st pick #13 of a defenseman
already playing for the Monarchs. image
Idiots!
Okay, I feel better now.

Comments

• xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    He is by far the laziest player in the NHL
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Following the path of another "Great One"...leaving Edmonton to play in LA! image

Sorry man....I actually hate it when players people dislike get traded to teams they do like. Nice winning streak going at the moment though. Hang in there! image
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Cowboy Flett cries frozen tears of despair for you. image
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Seems like the Kings got fleeced.
  • "DUH, I KNOW I SUCK"
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    Losing Teubert is no big deal. He was a 7-8 defenseman on the Monarchs. He was a healthy scratch almost one third of the games, in a rotation among Mullen, Kolomatis and himself. And this is after Martinez went up. Penner will be better with the Kings than the Oilers as there is more there to work with. He won't be counted on as "the guy" but should be a nice fit.

The Kings don't use the Monarchs enough IMO, and certainly don't need another #1 sitting in NH. Schenn is still in the picture for next year too. I think it was a good move to get a decent player for almost nothing. Something had to be done after relesing Sturm and Loktionov going down for the year on Friday night. Do you want your playoff push to include Penner or Moller-Elkins. I'd rather use the guy that has won the Cup. The young guys will get their chance soon enough.
  • lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭
    as a Kings fan you should already consider the season a smashing success for failing to land 15 years of Kovalchuk. Besides there really wasn't much out there to be had...and the Kings do have to semi-go for it considering you're going to have to start paying people now with Doughty and Simmonds RFAs after the season. I was certain before the season the Stars would be awful this year (then Lehtonen threw a cog into that prediction by actually staying healthy for once) so I had Brad Richards in a Kings sweater at the deadline. I'd like the deal more if Penner was going to be a UFA after the season as I wouldn't want him around for another full season at $4.25M next year when Smyth is already at the same position earning a similar amount with a similar fading skill set. Oh well, at least you didn't give up Schenn, Hickey, Forbert, or even Moller. Could be worse, all Bowman Jr could net the champs was an inconsequential Chris Campoli. Detroit did nothing, SJ did very little with Ian White. The only teams that really did anything in the Western Conference were teams like the Blues and Avs who are building for next year. I'd be more upset with the Ducks continuing to add more useless truculence like J. Ruutu and Winchester.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    The Kings #1 line has been very disappointing this year. Kopitar and Simmonds have not been as productive as expected, and Sturm didn't do much before being waived. They really only had one strong LW, Ryan Smyth, and that's not enough. Penner will now team with Kopitar and Simmonds to form a well-balanced line. With Penner's size, he can be a major force playing near the crease, and the Kings have just the man to teach him - Ryan Smyth.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.