Home Sports Talk
Options

2008 NBA Draft Class....

HallcoHallco Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lots of guys from that class making big impacts in the NBA right now. Here were the 1st ten selected:

Derrick Rose (overall #1)
Michael Beasley
OJ Mayo
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Love
Danilo Gallinari
Eric Gordon
Joe Alexander
DJ Augustin
Brook Lopez

Several others making names for themselves from that draft.... Roy Hibbert,Serge Ibaka,JJ Hickson,George Hill, Deandre Jordan....

Some very good talent and potential superstars in this class in my opinion!

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I am a huge Russell Westbrook fan and was back then. I said many times, in many places, he would end up being a great pro. I believe the draft would now be: Rose, Westbrook, Love and then I am not sure. I like Westbrook better than Rose but I am a biased fan. image As a big UCLA fan I did not think Kevin Love would be so productive as a pro. Nice to see.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Wow, didn't realize how deep that class was....Joe Alexander is the only stiff in the bunch (usually there are at least 2-3).

I'm pretty sure at the time everyone was saying how weak that class was.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure at the time everyone was saying how weak that class was.

It's so hard to know. Since so many of the top players leave after a year or two it's hard to know whose game will develop. I should say it's harder than ever to know. It's really a complete crapshoot. The "experts" are saying the current draft class will be bad but we won't really know for a few years.