Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay now requiring auto-payment set up for sellers fees?

Tried to relist something last week and got that message (Got a similar message before but it was due to my fees being over $75 or something - up to that point) This time my fees were only at about $25. I set up the auto payment so I could at least list my item.

I really don't want them taking the money when they feel like it so this morning I cancelled the auto-pay in my Paypal account. I only owe them $67 but I don't want them taking it out this week or at least until Friday.

Guess next time I want to list something, I'll just set it up again, list my item and cancel the auto payment again. Wonder if they've caught on to that yet?

Comments

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    I have the auto pay set to my bank account. They invoice me on the 1st of the month, and tell me that it will be pulled on the 21-23rd of the month. I always pay with Paypal before they hit the bank account so they never have to dip in. If you do it this way just be careful to pay ONLY the invoiced amount, not any money due since the invoice, as any new charges haven't been discounted yet. The discounts are applied ONLY when you are invoiced. For me this is 20% so we are talking some decent cake.

My invoice can be for $140, and my total account may be $190 at the time, they only get the $140. The other $50+ will be discounted at the start of the next month, then they will get it in the next 20 day period.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Oh, I was figuring they would invoice and take the money on the 1st.

Wonder what kind of nastygram I'll get from them tomorow
  • Options
    Morning,

I have avoided the Auto-pay with them as I am like you I don't want anybody taking anything out of my accounts. Not sure how I am doing this, is it because I never have a Balance due when they invoice me? I am very anal and always have my fees paid ahead of time by usually running about a $50-$100 credit with them. When ever I get close to 0$ credit I pay $50 bucks and have never had the problem with them making me set up Auto payment, just always use the One Time Payment with running credit.

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I got the same message, here's how I got around it, it's pretty simple...

1. Sign up for the preapproved payments (so you can sell stuff!) by linking your Paypal account
    2. Log into Paypal
    3. Click the Profile tab
    4. Under Financial Information Click The PreApproved Payments link
    5. Click the Ebay file
    6. Under Billing Details you can cancel the preapproved payments.

Also note, when Ebay forces you to sign up for this, they automatically set your preapproved billing amount to $300,000.00 (per month).

I suggest others do what I did if you get the prompt that you have to sign up for automatic billing.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    That's where I went to cancel it earlier this morning.

Don't have anything to list this week so not sure if that same message would come up again or not.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I have the auto pay set to my bank account. They invoice me on the 1st of the month, and tell me that it will be pulled on the 21-23rd of the month. I always pay with Paypal before they hit the bank account so they never have to dip in. If you do it this way just be careful to pay ONLY the invoiced amount, not any money due since the invoice, as any new charges haven't been discounted yet. The discounts are applied ONLY when you are invoiced. For me this is 20% so we are talking some decent cake.

My invoice can be for $140, and my total account may be $190 at the time, they only get the $140. The other $50+ will be discounted at the start of the next month, then they will get it in the next 20 day period. >>

True, but they will apply your discount to next month's fees, so if you do pay the total amount before the discount is given you'll start the next month with a negative balance.