Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How to catch an int'l fraud buyer from ebay?

Okay, I'm in a very strange situation. To start off, several (3-4) years ago I posted about a German buyer that did a chargeback on me for $200+ on 2 cards.
He filed it in 8 days after the purchase, and then unregistered or closed his ebay account to NARU. His name is branded in the back of my brain. Merchandise
was shipped Registered mail.....regardless, I don't ship outside of N. America anymore. Anyway, his practices involve buying expensive cards from the U.S. and
Canada with new Ebay IDs. These new IDs would never have more than 15 FB total. He repeats his actions over and over again and I've seen thousands of
dollars in cards he's stolen.....a lot from Canadian sellers involving hockey.

Here's the interesting part.......a couple days ago, I get an email from this person asking if he can bid on my auctions and he's from Germany. My preference
has been set for only U.S. & Canada bidders so he is automatically blocked. He states his name on the bottom of his email and I was fuming....same A- HOLE!
I did not respond. So this morning my auctions end, and I see he has bid and won one of my cards. The email (regular email) shows Germany with his name and address, but on
the invoice I see a totally different person's name from the U.S. So obviously he's now got someone in the states to do some purchasing for him and I would be
okay with DC in the states (under $50).

My question is, how can I get this guy? I have a semi-list of people who he has ripped off from and he's on the otherside of the world.
Suggestions, help, advice?

Comments

• Options
    Good luck, hate scum like that... It's international so it is difficult since most of the time even the addresses are difficult to validate.
  • Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Contact Chris Hansen
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    You could try reporting him as a suspended user who's registered under a different account. There's no way to know if he chose to close his account or it was permanently suspended. That's the only way I know of to get back at him. And, of course, that will just force him to open a new account.
  • Options
    get a hold of some antrax and send that to him,, shoot send him an empty envelope with note inside saying, try stealing these you crook, lolol,, j
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You stole my cards. Prepare to die.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>send him an empty envelope with note inside saying, try stealing these you crook, lolol,, j >>

THAT idea I like!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Notify Interpol.

Good for you.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

Good for you.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just mail him a pile of stink and refund his money after he gets it. Dont send any cards though
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not call ebay?

If they don't care - don't know what to say?

You would think they would want to work with the FBI and agencies in other countries to do something about this - the way you were robbed is no different than someone breaking into your house or holding up a store.
    Mike