Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

1827 Central America 8reales

I love this design

!image

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice

Great design too

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it was overstruckon something ....at least next to the 8 it looks like a '5'

• MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It looks like it was overstruckon something ....at least next to the 8 it looks like a '5' >>

That was what I thought too. Does the design have a small circle to the right of the 8, like the 5?

In any event, nice coin. image

I think they may have undergraded that one, but what do I know since NGC are the experts. image

• JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Very nice coin, one of our local dealers also collects these, I think he won the NGC Best World Set this for 2010.
  • spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    When I saw your name by this thread I just knew it would be a stunner image

I wonder what contemporary crown would have a 5 (or could it be an 8? looks like might be a 2 after it) in that position.. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, Brazil maybe?
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When I saw your name by this thread I just knew it would be a stunner image

I wonder what contemporary crown would have a 5 (or could it be an 8? looks like might be a 2 after it) in that position.. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, Brazil maybe? >>

I will have to look at it more closely in hand and report back.....thanks for the compliment.

• Looks like and upside down and inverted "R" and "Z" to me next to the eight. Cool coin!image
  • marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    totally awesome design is correct.
    I agree if in hand is what I see - it is an AU58 for sure.
    If it really bothers you - try crackin it even though I kinda like undercooked slabs image

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous coin, bidask! I think what you see next to 8 is the dot that's part of the design (same as next to R).

I've always loved the design, as well, and when Bill (WWW) offered one for sale over 3 years ago - I knew I had to own it.

Here's an older sister to yours:

• WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    I concur with Roman. To me, the marks (and the lighting) around the dot give it the illusion of a 5.

BTW: It's a great coin, Roman and I'm glad you like it so much. It has a great history.