Home U.S. Coin Forum

What as odd ebay listing

ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
what a waste of time (on his part) even making this listing.

Some people are quite strange.

odd listing

Comments

• His buying habits are a bit strange too.

imageFixed link
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This penny has front side and back side rare nickle edge was stuck in the machine press >>

LOL.... it's a rare stuck in the washer/dryer error. image
    Ed
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't get his connection of this penny and the stock market. Huh?

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • I think he is trying to say that, just like Google and Apple, the penny will increase in value?
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I refuse to let you take 4 minutes of my life by reading it. --jerry
  • That has got to be the funniest ebay auction i have seen yet and he has the nerve to show his face too-image
  • He looks like a nut.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I refuse to let you take 4 minutes of my life by reading it. --jerry >>

It's not worth it until you get to the price and the end of the description!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>He looks like a nut. >>

A Young David Chapman , its the slicked back hair and glasses.
  • I sent him a question.
    I'll happily hit the Buy It Now for $2 mil but could we negotiate on shipping as I feel $11.40 is a bit high.

Also can't blame him for not having it slabbed as it would hide the nickel edge.
  • You know, if he should find that sucker that's born every minute that actually buys that, the least he could do is pay the farging shipping and handling.
  • I sent him a question asking if this is an estate auction. I intend to keep asking him nonsense questions. Then, when he gives up on his listing, I will post my $2,000,000.00 penny.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who is stupid enough to buy this coin is very unlikely to have nearly enough money.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• It looks as if his mother has a really nice basement.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This penny has front side and back side rare nickle edge was stuck in the machine press >>

LOL.... it's a rare stuck in the washer/dryer error. image >>

Oh no.

This is "stuck in the machine press"

when they get stuck in the press, the silver/nickel edge shows.

PS he's added to the listing description.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • The result of 'any price' free listings on eBay. Trying to pass off a filed penny as an error.

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite line is ...."when this auction is over, it will be able to sell 2 to 3 times the amount i am selling for.

you can hold on to it and keep as a collector or you can sell it for like at least 5 million."
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    The penny is worth a good laugh and that's about it!

• << <i>My favorite line is ...."when this auction is over, it will be able to sell 2 to 3 times the amount i am selling for.

you can hold on to it and keep as a collector or you can sell it for like at least 5 million." >>

Why not cut the middle man and just sell it for 5 million now?

• AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I offered him 10 at a cool 100K a piece. He declined for some stange reason. image
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • I asked him that question. He told me I would have to find the place to sell it for five million myself. He does not know where that is, but wishes he did.

• << <i>His buying habits are a bit strange too.

imageFixed link >>

Uhhh...did you see the puppets and Grover doll? I don't even want to imagine.

Flake.
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭

<< <i>you can hold on to it and keep as a collector or you can sell it for like at least 5 million. >>

Someone needs to reply: "I'll give you the 2 million but only if I can sell it for like at least 6 million ok dude?"
    Ed
  • RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>His buying habits are a bit strange too.

imageFixed link >>

Flake. >>

I am hoping those were Christmas gifts for his family, otherwise he may have some weird fetish!?image

...as for the coin, not even sure what to say
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine

• Doesn't the starting price and BIN feature cost him some money?
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It looks as if his mother has a really nice basement. >>

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>His buying habits are a bit strange too.

imageFixed link >>

Flake. >>

I am hoping those were Christmas gifts for his family, otherwise he may have some weird fetish!?image

...as for the coin, not even sure what to say >>

True. I was harsh.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But.....but.....he's unemployed and needs the money.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file