Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about buying a 86-87 Fleer Basketball Set.

I've got a chance to buy a 86-87 Fleer Basketball Set. The Jordan is a PSA 8, all the other cards are raw. Most look to be 8-9 quality, and the set comes with the stickers as well. Price on the set is $850. Can someone who has knowledge of this set let me know if this is a decent price? I VCP'd it assuming all the big cards would be 8's just to be conservative, and it was more than that but I'd like for someone with a little history of this set to give me some direction.

Thanks, much appreciated.
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    do see how you can go wrong if the Jordan is strong and you flip it, you're into the rest of the set for a couple hundred + whatever grading fees.
  • Options
    Hows the centering on the Jordan? not all 8's are created equally
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Jordan is nicely centered but no more than an 8 due to a little corner wear. I actually like a lot of the other stars in the set, Barkley and Malone RC's are strong, Magic & Kareem are strong, etc.

Not a bad idea maybe to sell off the Jordan, pick up a 9 somewhere down the road and go from there.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items