Home Precious Metals
Options

ZSL reverse split?

derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
ZSL (silver ETF double short) went from 8.62 at yesterday's close to 32.68 this morning. Anyone seen any news on this?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    1:4 reverse split, effective today.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those "carney game" 2X and 3X short ETF's need to reload occasionally or else they'd end up at zero. And we can't have that.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2X and 3x ETF's are fine for a hedge or a DT (or very very short swing trade). Anything longer then that does not make sense. Check the math.Suckers game.............MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>2X and 3x ETF's are fine for a hedge or a DT (or very very short swing trade). Anything longer then that does not make sense. Check the math.Suckers game.............MJ >>

In a strong bull market, 2X long silver (AGQ) keeps coming up with extra zeros every time I do the math.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>2X and 3x ETF's are fine for a hedge or a DT (or very very short swing trade). Anything longer then that does not make sense. Check the math.Suckers game.............MJ >>

In a strong bull market, 2X long silver (AGQ) keeps coming up with extra zeros every time I do the math. >>

You would be way better off putting twice as much into a 1X trade instead of using a 2 x or 3x vehicle on any trades lasting more then a few days. The daily resets erode profits. There is much written about this on line. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......