Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

323 hits and 218 RBI's in a single season.........

....in 1929 he set a professional baseball record, collecting 323 hits, 553 total bases, while hitting .407 with 55 home runs and 218 RBI playing for San Francisco.
In 1930 he hit .448, and drove in 98 runs in only 83 games, before going to the Brooklyn Robins (Dodgers) of the National League

Ike Boone, a career .370 hitter!

imageimage
Extremely Rare! (understatement) 1936 R314-5/V352 World Wide Gum......................................... 1930 E137 Zeenut

Comments

• Options
    Cool story, I had never heard of him before. Does his zeenut command a premium? I'd like to pick one up now.
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    The Zeenut Boone doesnt come up too often. Mainly because there are so many different players in each set, and so many sets, the odds of a single player ie. Boone showing as a single is low. If you find one, they sell for maybe 2X the common price. I got the beat up one for under $10 on eBay a while back.

The R314-5 is a different story, they are very tough! R314-5 is one of the rarest sets of the 1930s. It was the only Boone Ive seen on eBay in 12 years, and Ive done searches for them weekly for last 4-5 years. Should be about $50-$75 in low/mid grade if the seller knows what it is, if not you may get it for R314-1 prices... $3-$5
    Not many advanced collectors know the R314-5 cards well, there were actually 3-4 new additions to the checklist last year when a group showed up on eBay from a Canadian eBay Power seller who really didnt know what he had and listed them wrong. They look like 1937 R314-4's (Creamy Wide Pens) to most casual vintage collectors but are really a completely different set. The set has mostly Montreal and Toronto players but also *12 (*Maybe 13) Detroit Tiger players as well.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Certainly a player who would have loved the DH position.