Home Sports Talk
Options

Celtics Trade Kendrick Perkins

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
I did not see that one coming...at all!

Comments

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I like Jeff Green alot, but not a big fan of trading Perk!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perkins was the kind of guy Celtics fans couldn't help but love to watch play. He played hard, giving 100% every game. Sorry to see him go...but I guess it's part of the business!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I am an OKC fan and find this to be an odd trade. They give up two guys who play big minutes. I just don't see the need to make the trade. Everything was going well, they have an incredibly young team, they are building toward the future... and then trade two players who play a lot. I realize Perkins gives them more toughness but I just find it an odd trade to make. I am not sure who did better with this trade.
  • Options
    It is tough to question Ainge, he is usually very shrewd with his deals.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    You got to believe the Celtics are not done though. They now have the teams buy out situation next and the Celtics have plenty of roster space for them to add another player. Still not sure why they traded Semih Erden?
  • Options
    Hopefully they can sign a few players that will be bought out.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I am an OKC fan and find this to be an odd trade. They give up two guys who play big minutes. I just don't see the need to make the trade. Everything was going well, they have an incredibly young team, they are building toward the future... and then trade two players who play a lot. I realize Perkins gives them more toughness but I just find it an odd trade to make. I am not sure who did better with this trade. >>

My take - the Celtics don't need a big to win in the East. Only Howard is any good; Bosh is nothing special down low.

The Thunder need a big to compete in the West and to compliment their young studs.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Very suprised at this trade , defense wins championships , the celtics are Proof of this , we are proof of this (Lakers) , to be honest im happy about the trade , the only team i feared were the celtics , beacuse of thier Defense , think about it the Magic , the Heat , the Bulls , dont really have the Interior Defense which the celts have , all they have are shooters , well let me tell you something , a shooting team does not stay on FIRE for 4 games out of 7 to win a series , and that is why the Lakers and the Celts have battled the last 3 years for the TITLE

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i've read a couple of articles on the trade. one noted how perkins got eaten up by lopez of the nets and was replaced by davis, who did well. perk was good but in the last 10 minutes or so davis got the lion share of time in big games. he makes big shots and plays solid defense. green makes an aging team younger. they will pick up someone after they are bought out, murphy or curry for front court support. perk turning down their extention offer was a sign. he wants 10 + million a year and the C's weren't going to give him that, maybe someone will.

i don't questions ainge, he's solid and always has a plan. it seems like he does his homework and find gems in trades and the draft where no one else does. so we'll see what happens

LET'S GO C'S
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    was really surprised they traded him....and then they went and sent two of their other bigs to Cleveland....can't figure any of it out. Unless there is more to Perkins' injury.
  • Options
    He is now out 2-3 weeks with the knee injury