Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Who's the lucky Washington collector?

Comments

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    In the registry it says 1 better than MS66. It could be a 55D was graded MS66+
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it was a regrade in holder. The pop report shows 147 and has not been updated. Ithe registry shows 146/1.
    Who recently sent in a regrade in the holder. My bet is it's an MS66+ upgraded from MS66.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I confirmed the coin is an MS66+. Looks like an upgrade per Nick's last comment. Congrats to the owner. Perhaps it is time to "dust off" a few of my coins as well.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craig: I spoke to someone today who explained to me why the coin was not yet showing up in Coinfacts. I am quite confident I got the correct information, although I will be 100% confident when it shows up in Coinfacts.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    The Population Report and CoinFacts both show 147 in MS66 and NONE higher?
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options

<< <i>The Population Report and CoinFacts both show 147 in MS66 and NONE higher? >>

The Population Report (and I would guess CoinFacts) database is updated only once a week, in the wee hours of Sunday morning. However, if you can't wait, the following usually works to reveal a new pop top grade.

Go to your set and choose to Edit it.
    Choose the "Whatif" option.
    Go to the date/mintmark in question, in this case 1955-D.
    Click the corresponding Grade link to see the available grades. Only grades that PCGS has issued will show. If there is now a 66+ or a 67, it will show up.
    Once you choose a grade, the actual population will be shown as well.

To check this, I just created a Washington Quarter set, chose Whatif and clicked to add a 1955-D. Sure enough, an MS66+ is an option, with population of 1. These is no MS67.

It seems the database Whatif runs off is updated daily. Don't ask me why.....

Enjoy!

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The Population Report and CoinFacts both show 147 in MS66 and NONE higher? >>

The Population Report (and I would guess CoinFacts) database is updated only once a week, in the wee hours of Sunday morning. However, if you can't wait, the following usually works to reveal a new pop top grade.

Go to your set and choose to Edit it.
    Choose the "Whatif" option.
    Go to the date/mintmark in question, in this case 1955-D.
    Click the corresponding Grade link to see the available grades. Only grades that PCGS has issued will show. If there is now a 66+ or a 67, it will show up.
    Once you choose a grade, the actual population will be shown as well.

To check this, I just created a Washington Quarter set, chose Whatif and clicked to add a 1955-D. Sure enough, an MS66+ is an option, with population of 1. These is no MS67.

It seems the database Whatif runs off is updated daily. Don't ask me why.....

Enjoy! >>

Great tip! No wonder your karma is cool! Thanks a lot. George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    MrDMrD Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭
    What would something like this be worth?
  • Options
    Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭
    Priceless to a Registry Set collector and four figures for the rest of the Washington Q. collectors.....image
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.