Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Shipping Cost Options

Hi all,

This is more of an FYI for those that don't already know or use this option.

I opened a Fed Ex shipping account online and used it for my latest submission with PSA. My distance is basically coast to coast when getting cards returned (Calif-Maryland). I'm guessing the shorter the distance, the less the charge.

Anyway, it was only a 6 card sub and the Priority Mail option from PSA was $17.75. I used my own Fed Ex account and and it only cost $9.84. I did have it shipped to my business address as I think residential is more expensive.

Long story short, if you open a Fed Ex account, it looks like you may can save some shipping dollars, especially if you ship to a business address.

I'm assuming most of the senior members here already knew this right?

Rodney

Comments

• Options
    cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Fed Ex insurance does not cover collectibles such as baseball cards.
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    I found this in the 2011 Service Guide:

"The declared value of any package represents our maximum liability in connection with a shipment of that package."
    "WE DO NOT PROVIDE INSURANCE COVERAGE OF ANY KIND." (I didn't put this in all caps. It was in the service guide like this.)

And then this in a list of more detailed items:

"Shipments (packages or freight) containing all or part of the following items are limited to a maximum declared value of US$1,000:
    Collector's items such as coins, stamps, sports cards, souvenirs and memorabilia."

So, you are correct, that Fed Ex does not provide insurance. But they do have liability options and a claim can be filed if the declared value is less than $1000.

I'm glad you brought up the insurance part, because honestly, I hadn't taken the time to read into it at all.

Rodney

<< <i>Fed Ex insurance does not cover collectibles such as baseball cards. >>