Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Austria 1781 A 20 kreuzer PCGS calls it KM-2069 now.

I called PCGS before they shipped and pointed out that I thought it was KM2069 not KM2068.1 and they have now confirmed it is a 2069. So, now should I contact Krause to see if they want to change the listing in the catalog as 1 confirmed?
I think that would really make its value a bit better. A big thumbs up for PCGS on this to fix it even before they ship. image

I sent this in and PCGS caled it KM-2068.1 I am pretty sure that is wrong. It looks like the KM-2069. Obv: Armored bust right, without lion's face on shoulder is the description of KM2068.1 on
Numismaster.

Thanks,
Richard

Hello,
Just picked this one up. Looks like it might be on the rare side. Listed as "Reported not confirmed" with no prices. I have never had one that was listed that way. How do I figure out what it is worth? Should I send it in? What do you think it will grade?
Thanks,
Richard
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Can you weigh it? Should be 6.6800 grams. MS condition. Being this old I don't know if they would body bag it because of the file marks on both sides. Seems almost to good to be true to have a coin 230 years old to be in this condition. Where has it been for the last 200 years? Maybe a restrike? Only way to tell is to have it certified I guess. Did you acquire it from a dealer or e-bay? Nice pick up where ever you got it. I would take it off your hands for a small pittance however.image
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    There is an "X" after the date, most likely a re-strike.
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were minted with the x after the date.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    gummibeargummibear Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can you weigh it? Should be 6.6800 grams. MS condition. Being this old I don't know if they would body bag it because of the file marks on both sides. Seems almost to good to be true to have a coin 230 years old to be in this condition. Where has it been for the last 200 years? Maybe a restrike? Only way to tell is to have it certified I guess. Did you acquire it from a dealer or e-bay? Nice pick up where ever you got it. I would take it off your hands for a small pittance however.image
    Olmanjon >>

Picked it on ebay. on the way right now. The seller had the weight listed as 6.56 grams. Seems in the range. The file marks might have been been adjustment marks. . I will weigh when I get it as well.

thanks,
    Richard
  • Options
    Just had the grade and variety posted. PCGS calls it KM-2068.1 Do you think they are wrong? They graded it cleaned.

How do I argue the variety with them? Should I call before they ship it back?

Thanks,
    Richard
  • Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    Richard-looking at the Krause book, Km#2069-the reverse legend is ARCH.A.D.B.LOTH. Yours is ARCH.AVST.D.BVRG Therefore the designation of Km#2068.1 I beleive is correct. Hard to tell from the picture as to if it has been cleaned or not.
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    Hi Olmanjon ,

Although it has the rev of the 2068.1, 2068.1 also has the obverse description of Armored bust right. This coin is not the armored bust, it is the head of 2069. Maybe it is neither and will need a new KM#? Krause does say for 2069 it is reported not confirmed. Maybe no one knows that this is the obv/rev combo that was done. At least they already say it is genuine.

Richard
  • Options
    I called PCGS before they shipped and pointed out this issue and they have now agreed it is a 2069. So now should I contact Krause to see if they want to change the listing in the catalog as 1 confirmed? Any one know how to do that?
    I think that would really make its value a bit better. A big thumbs up for PCGS on this to fix it even before they ship.

Thanks PCGSimage