Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

cert numbers prior to half-point change

Trying to determine whether or not I'm gonna send in some vintage for possible bumps. Is there a way to determine what cert numbers were/are prior to the half-point move? I'm thinking (thanks to a suggestion by another member), that this is perhaps a consideration in determining which cards to send in...of course other factors come into play. If there is a way to know when the cert #s changed, I'd sure like to know.

Thanks,
Al

Comments

• Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    The cards graded post .5 have the description and grade on separate lines. It has nothing to do with cert #'s (as far as I know)

Before

MINT 9

After

MINT

Hope that helps.

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i dont think the cert number is change on a bump. only the grade is changed and the pop reprot and cert report are updated as such.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

Dave is correct in that the cert number has nothing to do with the pre or post-era of the half point, however, I do want to point something out.

For example, if a person submits a card today that was graded prior to the half-point system but only requests a re-holder, then that would be a case where the new label (the one where the the number is placed below the grade descriptor) is used but the card - technically - was never reviewed for the half-point bump.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to a high % of cards but we do receive a decent number of re-holders - especially since we started identifying different backs (like T206s and 1952 Topps, etc).

Take care,

Joe Orlando
    President
    Joe Orlando
    CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.