Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2011 JRCS Bust half dime census

MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
The next issue of the "John Reich Journal" will contain a notice of the next Bust half dime census, advising all JRCS member half dime collectors to submit their census of all Bust half dimes in their collections. The census will include any and all examples of the 1792 Half Disme, Flowing Hair, Draped Bust, and Capped Bust half dimes. The census will be compiled and published in the Spring issue of the John Reich Journal. Please submit your census of all half dimes in your collection, by date, die marriage, remarriage, and by grade, including duplicates, to:

Stephen A. Crain
John Reich Collectors Society
P. O. Box 1680
Windham, ME 04062

Please include your JRCS membership number with your census. All collections will be anonymously reported using only your membership number, and all information reported will be kept strictly confidential.

Please also include any of the remarriage numbers in your collection, as listed in "Federal Half Dimes 1792 - 1837", by Russell J. Logan and John W. McCloskey. I can only report the information that is provided to me, but most collectors would like to see a breakdown by remarriage, rather than just by marriage. If you have not attributed the remarriages, and only have them by marriage, please report them anyway, and they will be included. Even if your collection is still attributed by Valentine numbers, please report them and I will translate them. We would like to see significantly greater participation in this census survey than we had in the last; the greater the participation, the more meaningful the results.

You may also submit your census via email, to the following email address:

mrhalfdime@aol.com

Please help us to make this half dime census survey the most comprehensive survey ever compiled.

Stephen A. Crain
Half Dime Census Keeper - JRCS
They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file