Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question about "bulk" uploading Registry pics

ok, ive decided to take advantage of the Registry. Went ahead and added most all of my 80's PSA 9's in their appropriate sets.

Now i need to upload the scans. Other then uploading them one at a time, is there a faster way?

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

Comments

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    I haven't figured that out either.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    I've figured out that you can continue to add pictures while others are still uploading. That is the closest to bulk uploading I think you'll get.

Kevin
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options
    Here is the link to my 1968 Topps Hockey set where I uploaded all of my cards at one time. (I upgraded some and have not scanned yet.)

1968 Topps Hockey

The 'trick' is to NOT hit the upload button until you have identified all of your cards with the browse button. Here is a step by step approach:

1. Go to the Edit option for your set.
    2. On far right, next to each card is an 'Upload' button.
    3. Click that and you will get a box with a browse button next to it.
    4. Browse the folder on your computer and double click the file with the scan (probably a jpg file)
    5. The name of file will show up in the box.
    6. Do NOT hit upload.
    7. Go to another card and go back to Step 2. above and follow same directions.
    8. When you have a number of cards highlighted in the boxes, hit 'Upload' on any one card and all images will be uploaded. (Obviously, time will vary but it should not take too long. This was much easier than a one by one upload.)

This approach seemed to work well for me. Let me know if I missed anything or if it is unclear. Good luck. - Kevin
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i will have to try this out. the one by one approach is a real killer.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>Here is the link to my 1968 Topps Hockey set where I uploaded all of my cards at one time. (I upgraded some and have not scanned yet.)

1968 Topps Hockey

The 'trick' is to NOT hit the upload button until you have identified all of your cards with the browse button. Here is a step by step approach:

4. Browse the folder on your computer and double click the file with the scan (probably a jpg file)
    6. Do NOT hit upload.
    8. When you have a number of cards highlighted in the boxes, hit 'Upload' on any one card and all images will be uploaded. (Obviously, time will vary but it should not take too long. This was much easier than a one by one upload.)

This approach seemed to work well for me. Let me know if I missed anything or if it is unclear. Good luck. - Kevin >>

Thanks Kevin! i tried it out with my 80's and it is a better way to do it
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin...

Thanks for sharing a new upload method. Will try it out...

Much appreciated...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    I wanted to start uploading pics to my sets from the start but kept putting it off. I will try your method of waiting to upload until i've added a bunch of cards. What is the limit to doing it that way? Can I add 30 or so cards at a time and then press upload or do you think that would be too much? Thanks in advance.
    I'm always looking for more Maddux psa 10's:
    http://www.psacard.com/SetRegistry/Composite.aspx?c=1786
  • Options
    Thanks, Donato.

Tony - 30 cards should work. When I was working on my set, I probably uploaded after every 10 just to make sure things were working correctly.

Kevin
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is the link to my 1968 Topps Hockey set where I uploaded all of my cards at one time. (I upgraded some and have not scanned yet.)

1968 Topps Hockey

6. Do NOT hit upload.

This approach seemed to work well for me. Let me know if I missed anything or if it is unclear. Good luck. - Kevin >>

This works, but it will not work if you are trying to put the obverse and reverse pix for the same card. The first pix gets erased while the second is loading.

My question is this: How do I get the front and back pics next to each other instead of on top of one another? Is it something I need to do while I scan them. For info, I have an HP Photosmart scanner.

Thanks alot, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Scan the back, copy it, scan the front, paste the back and adjust accordingly. That's how I did it with my Griffey set, but now I just have two separate scans up for my Ichiro Topps set....I prefer the two scan method.
  • Options
    Paul - you are right about the front and back issue. the images load top and bottom and it does not look too good. the original suggestion will only work when you are uploading one image per card. sorry. - Kevin
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I have also found adding to "my inventory" instead of the actual sets goes much faster.