Home Precious Metals

why did the price of metals lock up this afternoon and not budge...

... a single penny either way??? what is going on?

it flatlined just after 1 PM silver chart
my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

Comments

I am curious also...
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I believe the markets were closed this afternoon. Far East market opens at 6 PM eastern time.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's President's Day. No aftermarket. FOreign markets re-open at 6PM Eastern time, just under half an hour from now.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • ahh ok. i just thought it odd they were open this morning and dead in the afternoon. thanks all.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Becuase they ran out of silver!
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because silver was cooked and just waiting for dinner to be served. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because supply and demand have finally reached a perfect equilibrium, and the price of silver shall be $33.91 forevermore! image

. . . Oops, scratch that, starting to move again.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• up up up!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    I wondered the same thing.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Because supply and demand have finally reached a perfect equilibrium, and the price of silver shall be $33.91 forevermore! image

. . . Oops, scratch that, starting to move again. >>

She is starting to run again. Buy it quickly if you want some.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Budge dis!!!!

linky-dinky-doo

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • DARN! ALL I HAVE IS GOLD! NO SILVER whats a guy to do?
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins

• << <i>DARN! ALL I HAVE IS GOLD! NO SILVER whats a guy to do? >>

i`ll swap ya ounce for ounceimage