Home Sports Talk
Options

Black Thanksgiving

In case anyone missed this ridiculous article on CNN, the article describes the NBA All-Star game and festivities as "Black Thanksgiving".

BLACK THANKSGIVING<B">

Made me laugh, I've never heard the game described as this. So I guess the NHL All-Star game is "White Thanksgiving" and the next major soccer tourney can be called "Brown Thanksgiving".

Dumb article, and that's "on point"

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    If Fox or someother supposed conservative outlet had said that , it would've been the end of the world.

It takes one to know one .---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike Wilbon (ESPN) coined the phrase "Black Thanksgiving", and David Aldridge (TNT/TBS) wrote the article. Both men are black, and have nothing to do with CNN. I still have no idea why that article is even on CNN. I think the article was spot-on, and you would be hard pressed to find a black person to disagree with it.
  • Options
    lol, to find a black person that agrees the NBA All-Star game is "Black Thanksgiving". I'm sure you can, there are a lot of idiots out there. So because a sporting event has players that you would call "black" as majority, we should call it "Thanksgiving". LOL....so could we call the Super Bowl..."Black Christmas"? ROFL
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind.?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    I'm getting a kick out of describing sporting events as holidays and based on the majority skin color on the team. So when Dirk Nowitzki celebrates it, what does he call it on his invites? lol...."You're invited to my "Black Thanksgiving" party. LOL
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ridiculous article on CNN? image

What on their network isn't ridiculous? LOL
  • Options
    Nancy Grace.......wait, she is over the top.