Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Passing of Football Hall of Famer Ollie Matson

I just read the news that 1972 Football Hall of Fame Running Back Ollie Matson has died. Mr. Matson did come back often for Hall of Fame weekend in the last 25 years or so that I have been collecting autographs. I did get him in person a couple of different times, and he was always nice to me, and to the other autograph "hounds" who would be after him. I know he has been in poor health for a while now. May GOD Bless your soul Mr. Matson. It was an honor to have met you.
Rocke
WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    He always seemed like a great guy.--- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    I love his 57 Topps card.
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    pclpadspclpads Posts: 457 ✭✭
    The mix of colors and the pose on his '52 Bowman RC are classsic.
  • Options
    Actually, I can't think of a single Ollie Matson card that wasn't gorgeous. He was one of the great backs and a great Olympic champion. And also a great guy.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    That's sad news. What a great player and athlete.
    One of my personal favorites.

• Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Very Sad news. RIP Mr Matson

Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!