Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Not sure why my St. Peters Wiener medal thread disappeared, but...

here is notwilights request for a closeup pic of the reverse. Thanks for looking!

Chaz

Proud recipient of Y.S. Award on 07/26/08.

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just read the thread title out loud.........
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean this one?
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    I don't believe I've seen any other coin or medal that delivers the illusion of depth as realistically as this piece does. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    St. Peters Basillica is one of my favorite medals in the series - and they are usually among the more realistically priced ones. image

Here is mine...

Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just read the thread title out loud......... >>

Now that's funny!
    Lance.
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options

<< <i>this should clear things up.... >>

"Like a frightened turtle!"
    Chaz

• Options
    goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't believe I've seen any other coin or medal that delivers the illusion of depth as realistically as this piece does. Thanks for sharing. >>

image The level of detail is amazing on these pieces
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably because of...

Rule 6) This forum is about US Coins. If your post is not directly related to US Coins then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I received an e-mail notifying me that your original post was moved to the darkside... surprised you didn't receive the same e-mail?

Nice Wiener... Great condition!
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options

<< <i>Probably because of...

Rule 6) This forum is about US Coins. If your post is not directly related to US Coins then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed. >>

I understand this, but this isnt the 1st time I or others have posted non-US related coins/medals on this side.

llafoe....I did not receive that email. Maybe it got caught up in the spam folder or something. Thanks though!
    Chaz

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

Rule 6) This forum is about US Coins. If your post is not directly related to US Coins then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed. >>

Probably exactly the reason it was moved...it is NOT a U.S. anything....coin, medal, token....nothing. I think the OP is pushing the last part of Rule #6. While they are gorgeous pieces, they should be posted where they belong.....

edited to add....if you understand it, why post it again in the wrong forum???? And, I believe other threads in regard to these HAVE been moved to the proper forum.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I understand this, but this isnt the 1st time I or others have posted non-US related coins/medals on this side.

>>

Now, now......you are too old to use the "But Ma! All the other kids are doing it!" defense......

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ..done it to you again, didn't they?image

Don't worry, we darksiders like this sort of thing, too.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of threads on the US Forum about Conder Tokens.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don