Home Sports Talk
Options

looking for printer recommendations

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
My HP printer has begun to cause me "issues" not to mention the ripoff prices for the ink cartridges made in Singapore for a fraction of the retail cost.

If you have a new printer that you're happy with, both in terms of performance and ink costs, I'm all ears. Pls PM me with your recommendations.

Thanks,
Al

Comments

• Options
    Al - I have a 4 in 1 Dell P713w. Its does everything from downloading pictures from my memory cards, to scan right into a PDF and emails!. does wonderful photo printing too! I've had mine for just over a year and not a problem. its wireless and all 4 computers in my house print from it.

best thing, it was $149.00 delivered! Not for high volume of course, but I've owned many printers and this one is a great value.

The ink is pricey, but they last longer than any I have used before. Not sure waht your use is for, but definitely worth a shot in not high volume.

Mark
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Depends on your needs. If you don't need color printing, I'd suggest a laser printer. I just bought a Brother MFC-7840W a few weeks ago. Wireless, black/white laser, scans come out better than my old Epson 580. So far no issues at all, I'm really happy with it. I was nervous about the Brother brand, but so far I like what I see.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks...I do want color printing. I have no scanning problems, but do like the flexibility of loading pics from my digital camera then have the ability to print some very nice 8X10 photos. Took a trip to Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper via the Icefields Parkway a year ago... the pics came out very nicely from the printer, however, my printer has since gotten kinda moody and has quit half way through the printing process.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Depends on your needs. If you don't need color printing, I'd suggest a laser printer. I just bought a Brother MFC-7840W a few weeks ago. Wireless, black/white laser, scans come out better than my old Epson 580. So far no issues at all, I'm really happy with it. I was nervous about the Brother brand, but so far I like what I see. >>

The knock on the Brother lasers is lifespan and maintenance. You're going to spend more than the cost of the printer on replacing toner, fuser, etc. over the next 2-3 years. Of course, that is true of most laser printers.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    best move i made was buy the cheapest all in one Best Buy type stores have on sale and invest in the best scanner on the market... Canon Canoscan 9000F.

i would however stay away from the Kodak all in ones, they try to lure you in with cheap ink, but have fun with the software issues and the self destruct function once the warranty expires.