Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Help with perforated cards?

Hi, as some of you may know, Magic Johnson is the primary focus of my PSA collection. I've recently picked up a 1990 NBA All-star program with some perforated NBA hoops cards in it. There is a rare Magic Johnson card in there that looks pretty mint. I was wondering if anyone had any advice regarding seperating the cards while maintaining the condition of the card. I want to try to keep the edges as mint as I can. Are there any tricks?

Thanks!

Bernie Kosar collector

Comments

• Options
    JustusJustus Posts: 179 ✭✭
    First tip--don't cut it out! You need to bend the cards at the perferations, starting with a little bend angle and increasing it until the cards come apart.

Good luck! Let us know how you do and the grade you get.
    Successful transactions w/Comicgeek68, Statman, Scotgreb, Aupt, captainthreeputt, diamondman, Mickey71, slantycouch, Bkritz, BABERUTHJOEDIMAGGIO, craigger, Huggyface, and many others.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    With high magnification as an aid, use a sharp razor to slightly score the perferations, just enough to cut the surface layer of the card, not enough to actually cut the card out. Once you do that, try the bend trick. This way, you will avoid most tears or gouges that sometimes occur when removing cards like this.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25