Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Submitting ATB 5 ouncers

I could not find answers to these questions on the PCGS website but likely I was looking in the wrong places.

1. What is the cost of the oversize holder?

2. When does first strike designation expire? $18.00?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options

Edit: Old info deleted. Current prices posted by others below.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1. What is the cost of the oversize holder? >>

There is no extra charge for the oversize holder, unlike across the street...
  • Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    old thread, i can't find a definitive answer anywhere.. so..

i just sent in four 5oz atb's to pcgs under the 'modern' tier (the $14 one). did i do that correctly? what's the protocol for these things?

i just need to know how much to leave in the ol' account for them.. are they going to bump those up to another level/add some extra charge for them?
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new version of the form says it's an extra $20 per coin for the oversized holders, so you'll be charged that for sure. You'll also get charged an extra $18 per coin if you want the First Strike designation on each coin. So for each it's $14 + $20 + $18 + handling fee + shipping.

• Options
    sounds good, thanks a bunch image
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For (1) coin here are the correct fee's.

Fee's on ATB 5 oz Silver Coin.

Modern @ $14

Oversized Holder @ $20

1st Strike @ $18

Handling Fee @ $8

Return Shipping @ $16.95

Total = $76.95

If more than (1) coin add appropriate shipping increase plus additional grading, 1st Strike & holder fee's. Only (1) handling fee per order.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    the first strike isn't automatic is it... it isn't, is it? i didn't spring for it

so $20 extra.. cool

thanks
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    For (1) coin here are the correct fee's.

Fee's on ATB 5 oz Silver Coin.

Modern @ $14

Oversized Holder @ $20

1st Strike @ $18

Handling Fee @ $8

Return Shipping @ $16.95

Total = $76.95

If more than (1) coin add appropriate shipping increase plus additional grading, 1st Strike & holder fee's. Only (1) handling fee per order

I just sent in 4. two Ps and two bullion plus I got trueviews at $20 each.
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>the first strike isn't automatic is it... it isn't, is it? i didn't spring for it

so $20 extra.. cool

thanks >>

You have to specify it and pay up another $18/coin...

The fees add up quickly, between FS and oversize.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't think i've seen any 5oz ATB coins w/o First Strike labels...

so is everyone just paying the extra $18/coin even though EVERY 2010 bullion coin is eligible for the label and always will be eligible for the label??? If I did a submission I wouldn't pay the extra $18/coin. I would get them all graded w/o the label and then later send in the really high graded ones for reholdering with the First Strike label if the person i'm selling it to wants it.

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>i don't think i've seen any 5oz ATB coins w/o First Strike labels...

so is everyone just paying the extra $18/coin even though EVERY 2010 bullion coin is eligible for the label and always will be eligible for the label??? If I did a submission I wouldn't pay the extra $18/coin. I would get them all graded w/o the label and then later send in the really high graded ones for reholdering with the First Strike label if the person i'm selling it to wants it. >>

I saw a few PCGS graded ATBs a while ago on the bay w/o the FS label. I don't think they were realizing quite the same price (though not by a huge margin). People do want the FS, even though it's nonsensical.

If the coins are from AMark or APMEX (already slabbed w/FS) you don't have to pay for the label again.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file