Home Sports Talk
Options

Alabama fan kills Oak Tree's on Toomer's Corner in Auburn...

A friend of mine that goes to Auburn posted this on facebook yesterday and I figured some on here would be interested in it.

LINK

Pretty pathetic situation overall. Obviously they can replace a tree, but there's that bit of history that it "won't be the same". And for those of you that think it's not that big of a deal...what if a Cardinals fan broke into Wrigley Field and ripped out all the Ivy? Not exactly the same situation, but pretty similar.

It was by a crazy 62 year old that said he was inspired to do it after seeing that Auburn fans rolled Toomer's Corner after former Alabama coach Bear Bryant died...in 1983. Possibly the most hilarious part is that he basically ratted himself out on the radio talk show image

More on that here:
LINK

Comments

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Was he that bored?
  • Options

<< <i>Was he that bored? >>

He's from Dadevillle, Alabama...soooo.... image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

He's from Dadevillle, Alabama...soooo.... image >>

HA!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>

He's from Dadevillle, Alabama...soooo.... he knew Auburn was a successful football program, despite being inferior to the University of Alabama, and greater than any central Florida university team or school I like >>

There, fixed it for you. image
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    The ents are coming to kick his #@!
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strap in Tuscaloosa...them Tiger fans don't take too kindly to killin' Auburn stuff. Revenge cometh I predict, and perhaps sooner than later. Better break out the shovels and dig a very deep and very wide moat around Bamaville.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    that is truly sad.

its one thing to pull a prank but its another to kill beautiful trees.

one day i had the chance to pull off the ultimate prank. unfortunately i dont always carry 5 gallon buckets of gold paint in my car. but if i did it would have gone done as legendary in the lore of the packers/bears rivalry.

i was before they had remodeled soldier field into that ugly UFO thing they have now. i had just dropped my wife and her parents off at the field museum and had to go park the car. well the lot was on the other end of soldier field. so i had to walk along the east side of it. normally, i hate looking at that dive…but as i kept walking i noticed the gate was wide open…all the way down to the field. i said to myself if only i had some gallons of gold paint to run down to the field and paint a nice big gold G on that field.

that would have been a mastercard moment. priceless indeed.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>

He's from Dadevillle, Alabama...soooo.... he knew Auburn was a successful football program, despite being inferior to the University of Alabama, and greater than any central Florida university team or school I like >>

There, fixed it for you. image >>

Hey now, I wasn't making any claims about my school or any other school besides sharing what happened. Although, we did beat Auburn a few years back at their place, despite those oak trees being twice the age of our university image
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The radio show announcer asked if it was against the law to poison a tree....this idiots response, "do you think I care.....Roll Damn Tide"

What a p.o.s.!
  • Options

<< <i>that is truly sad.

its one thing to pull a prank but its another to kill beautiful trees.
    >>

+1
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The radio show announcer asked if it was against the law to poison a tree....this idiots response, "do you think I care.....Roll Damn Tide"

What a p.o.s.! >>

Agreed!!! idiot!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

There, fixed it for you. image >>

Hey now, I wasn't making any claims about my school or any other school besides sharing what happened. Although, we did beat Auburn a few years back at their place, despite those oak trees being twice the age of our university image >>

LOL. It's sad that crazy folks have to be sports fans too, and yes, that guy is a complete idiot for doing something that stupid.
  • Options
    I wonder what the tree killer did today?
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    According to this PDF, in November of 2012 these trees were severely burned after someone set fire to the toilet paper draped over them after a victory over Alabama A&M, so it looks like these trees aren't doing too well. lol
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Chain saw, fire wood, start anew.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    3 years in the pokie.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed pranks are all in good fun...until something gets permanently damaged/destroyed and/or someone gets seriously hurt. image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Tebow cried
    Cam lied
    Trees died
    LSU tried
    Te'o said why
    Roll Tide!
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    War Eagle
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    The same idiot who served jail time over the tree incident posted that he wished he hadn't killed the trees...just so he could do it again. Obviously he learned his lesson in jail (not). I wonder if his brain exploded when Auburn won the game. Wait, he'd need a brain for that to have happened.