Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SELLER ALERT: queencity-sportscards

2»

Comments

• Options
    I have no idea what will happen. People are not happy that they were investigating a fraudulent check cashing/signature on check.
    I pissed away a lot of time, my bank, his bank, the police all wasted time. I don't believe his check will clear.
  • Options
    My solution to everything:

Show up in person with various metal objects

My solution to not have that happen:

Don't get on my bad side
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My solution to everything:

Show up in person with various metal objects

My solution to not have that happen:

Don't get on my bad side >>

I don't mean to get politics involved in this however President Obama had good advice in matters like this. "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight."
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    I don't mean to get politics involved in this however President Obama had good advice in matters like this. "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight."

that was not a Barry original quote. there was a version of that in the Untouchables. just do a google search and you will find other variations prior to the teleprompter requoting it.

The Chicago way not done by a Community Activist
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    "There's an old saying in Tennessee... I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee, that says fool me once... shame on... shame on you... if fool me you can't get fooled again."
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    this is karma for not wanting to sell your stuff to me.
  • Options
    goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    Has the topic of the conversation recently "re-organized" under a different identity?

thank you

goye
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I made a couple of offers a while back on wheretheyaint cards, but they were always so ridiculously overpriced, that I gave up after a while. >>

That's been my experience with them too.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Not that this should come as any surprise, but you can add shiller to Burge's laundry list of black marks:

Crosby 10 up now

Crosby 10 that ended 2 weeks ago

The current 10 is at $700, $300 more than the other one went for, and it has some shady bidding too.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not that this should come as any surprise, but you can add shiller to Burge's laundry list of black marks:

Crosby 10 up now

Crosby 10 that ended 2 weeks ago

The current 10 is at $700, $300 more than the other one went for, and it has some shady bidding too. >>

LOL what's with the shiller's feedback bouncing back and forth from 14 to 15 to 14 to 15 all on the same day?

e***r( 14) US $700.00
    Feb-16-11 13:17:07 PST

e***r( 14) US $700.00
    Feb-14-11 10:26:03 PST

5***o( 0 ) US $699.00
    Feb-14-11 15:07:05 PST

o***r( 76) US $670.00
    Feb-14-11 11:09:44 PST

e***r( 15) US $650.00
    Feb-14-11 10:23:59 PST

e***r( 14) US $605.00
    Feb-14-11 09:32:25 PST

e***r( 14) US $505.00
    Feb-14-11 09:31:35 PST

e***r( 15) US $500.00
    Feb-14-11 07:24:07 PST

e***r( 14) US $455.00
    Feb-14-11 09:12:52 PST
  • Options

<< <i>When pushed into a corner and interviewed by the authorities....I'm sure he'll say something like I cashed the check and realized I didn't have the item anymore and then issued a refund. >>

If he has more than two brain cells to rub together, he'll say only, "I have nothing to say."
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Did you notice that the serial #'s of the 2 cards are sequential? Are those accounts both owned by Kevin Burge?
  • Options

<< <i>Kevin sounds like a wonderful human being.image No one has answered my question....Should I send a $2000 check to Waverly? >>

No, don't send the check to waverly, send the check to me made out to cash and I will forward the check for you, what the heck just sign the check leave the rest blank and I will fill the rest out for you. just being helpful thanks in advance. imageimage
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't bother with Feebay. They'll just give you a lecture on the importance of using Paypal only (which they only do so they can double dip on fees). image

Like the others have said, sick the cops on 'im! image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Kevin lives 5 minutes from me. Anyone ever wants to pay him a visit, let me know, I will drive you to his townhouse. I think he is a total piece of crap, and not sure how he manages to go to shows, and not get beat down. If he scammed me like he had scammed so many people, and I saw him in person, I would be the crap out of him.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Kevin lives 5 minutes from me. Anyone ever wants to pay him a visit, let me know, I will drive you to his townhouse. I think he is a total piece of crap, and not sure how he manages to go to shows, and not get beat down >>

Because for all the hot air, the average American male couldn't make a fist if you spotted him the index and pinky fingers. People have been yapping on these boards for seven years- I don't see that changing.
  • Options
    Update:

As expected, Kevin's PROMISE to have check in my hand by Friday did not happen.

He is now threatening me with legal action, "slander", for this post. Keeps saying he sells millions of dollars of cards a year and
    has perfect feedback.
  • Options
    He is obviously keeping tabs on this post. KEEP'EM COMING
  • Options
    Sounds like a true douche, hope you can put the screws to him in this situation.
  • Options
    How is this perfect feedback?

Does he realize that slander is spoken?
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    If he acknowledges receiving payment, why didn't he just mail the card?
  • Options
    Since Kevin failed to deliver as per his promised time of Friday, I completed and notarized the affidavits to the bank,
    and gave the PA State Police what they requested.

An inquiry has been logged directly with the Mooresville, NC police department and I received a nice little reference
    number shown on the image. I'm doing what I can to stomp on this scumbag.

• Options

<< <i>Since Kevin failed to deliver as per his promised time of Friday, I completed and notarized the affidavits to the bank,
    and gave the PA State Police what they requested.

An inquiry has been logged directly with the Mooresville, NC police department and I received a nice little reference
    number shown on the image. I'm doing what I can to stomp on this scumbag. >>

image for following through!
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Congrats. Might I suggest the next step would be to contact his local postal inspector with that information. He used the USPS to commit theft and/or fraud. They will likely be interested now that the police are involved.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Yep, this is purely principal. He has lied, stolen, then threatened legal action on me ?? I DON'T THINK SO

I'll post his texts and VM threatening legal action once I'm allowed. I'm just entertained by his drama at this point.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Hey, I know this turd. I dealt with him when he was going by the nic of "shoelessjoejackson". Ripped me on shipping. Claiming the extra $$ went towards a private insurer. Frigging item took almost 2 months to get to me and I was lucky it wasn't damaged due to the crappy packing job.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Definitely file mail fraud charges as well. I'm not a lawyer, but if something is true, how can it be slanderous?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Good luck and please keep us posted.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    SCAMMER-
    (on left)

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Looks like a weasel.
  • Options
    I find that last comment incredibly slanderous to weasels.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I would advise against posting his texts and what not. It's an easy way for this thread to get pulled. You'll be doing far greater good by having this post continue to remain up so that any time anyone enters the name Kevin Burge into a search engine, they'll be able to see this.

<< <i>Yep, this is purely principal. He has lied, stolen, then threatened legal action on me ?? I DON'T THINK SO

I'll post his texts and VM threatening legal action once I'm allowed. I'm just entertained by his drama at this point. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Looks like a "punk" to me.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    LOL. He sure does look like a little punk b**tch.

One day he will rip off the wrong person and get a beatdown, don't worry karma is a real b**tch for turds like this.
  • Options
    Just an FYI if someone else gets screwed with the same situation.
    YOU MUST file a police report and I found it much more effective to go to the State Troopers rather than the local police.
    The local police really didn't seem to want to bother with it, but the State Police were all business, very responsive, and
    instructed me exactly what to obtain from my bank.
    Since I also had a delivery confirmation receipt that the check was received, the Postal authorities were engaged.

1. Get the item number and the seller's user ID.
    2. Contact the police and explain the situation. You can find local law enforcement officers on the USACops website.
    3. Give the item number and the seller's user ID to the officers assigned to the case.
    4. Tell the officers to email us at stopfraud@ebay.com with the following information (note that only law enforcement officers should contact eBay):
    * Name
    * Title
    * Organization
    * Phone number
    * Email
    * Address
    * Case number
    * eBay item number
    * eBay seller's user ID
    * Summary of the situation

Stay tuned, if current Koufax auction runs to completion and I'm not paid, it gets much more interesting
  • Options
    UPDATE:

I DID receive a check from Kevin Burge. Not when I was supposed to, but it did arrive.
    I handed it over and they'll tell me if it's good or not.
  • Options
    he will soon make a "mistake" he cant erase....
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    any news?
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Ebay wont do anything because they get his fees. Its a good thing he is not like one of the other people we used to talk about or this thread would be taken down as well. One day the FBI will get involved and he will go to the can for many years and we will all be happy. Criminals by definition are stupid or they would be doing things on the up and up.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    You can notify the USPS fraud division and file a claim of mail fraud - a federal offense. I did this once on a $200 transaction for a box off of football cards that never arrived. The feds sent me a statement to sign, and then went after the "seller".
    1964 stand ups
    1975 mini's
    1954 Wilson Franks