Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Edited to tell the whole story - HUGE VINTAGE AUTOGRAPH CARD COLLECTION - Selling off in team lots o

I have a huge autographed card collection that I have just received. This collection consists of about 2500 cards ranging from 1952 to 1975 in baseball and the late 1950's to mid 1980's in football. These are mainly non star players, but there are some deceased players. These cards came from a very dedicated autograph collector who has now passed on. These signatures are vintage signatures that were signed years ago with most of the older ones being ink pen. Some are bolder than others.

Eventually, I will get to listing these on Ebay. I will be listing individually. I am not looking to get every dime I can out of these. I want to move them, but I don't want to give them away either. For members of this board, I will make you a good deal - probably around the low range of Ebay price or even below Ebay price.

If you have an individual player in mind, please let me know who you need.

If you have a particular team you collect, I can get any and/or every card from that team and make you a deal. Just let me know what team and what range of years you would like.

Only serious offers and proposals please. I don't want to be lead on. I wasted an entire evening being led on going back and forth. I would rather it not happen again.

EDITED TO GIVE THE WHOLE STORY WITH MORE UPDATES TO FOLLOW. I may start another thread at a later date after everything is finalized.

A friend and I have gone in together on a major autographed card deal. What I have offered so far in this thread is everything I have in my possession so far (which is just the beginning). I literally have thousands more coming in the next few weeks. Basically, my buddy got most of the vintage and most of the star cards. I already have a few vintage and will be getting about 300 to 350 PSA/DNA slabbed star signed cards. Plus, I get most of the bulk, which is OVER 50,0000 autographed cards from 1976 to present.

Here is a little background on the collection.

Patrick Meeker, with the help of friend Ben Peterson, began personally collecting pen signatures on trading cards in the 1970s by attending games throughout the country and regularly meeting players. Having lived though out the Midwest and South, including Texas, Patrick was able to obtain a wider variety of signatures than hounds who did not travel as much. Patrick's collecting included baseball, football, basketball, hockey, golf, Olympic, and many other sports. Patrick was able to amass tens of thousands of autographed trading cards, all of which were signed between 7 and 40 years ago. It is one of the premier multi-sports autographed trading card collections in the United States.

We have recently submitted all HOF, superstar rookies, and deceased players from 2002 and earlier to PSA for authentication and graded slabbing. The cards so far range from 1930s to 2003, with thousands of vintage in the 60s-70s. Patrick's brother had inherited the cards and eventually sold them in one deal. Everything should be finalized in a week or two and hopefully will receive the slabbed cards back in 30-60 days.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    Shane let me know what Cardinals you have left after you've picked through them.
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    PM Sent

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I'd be interested in HOF signed rookie cards if there are any.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Any Oakland Raiders would be nice
  • Options
    Also any 1971 Topps Football autographs
  • Options
    I'd be interested in seeing what reds and bengals cards you have in there.
    Currently looking for PSA graded cards of Eddie George!
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No 71 Football. I will look for Reds, Bengals, and Raiders. I will get to all these as soon as I can.

Shane

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Shane ... PM sent.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    surely to goodness there must be a hockey card or two in there.

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Do you have a summary/price range for football, prehistoric-1984?
  • Options
    I can, but it will take some time.

Nope, no hockey.

Shane

• Options
    To everybody that has PM'd me or replied to this thread, I will have lists done, hopefully, by this afternoon. I will PM each one of you.

Shane

• Options
    Due to the many replies I have gotten from 2 message boards, I may be a little while getting to every request. I promise I will get to each one as soon as I can. I am sorting tonight, plus I still need to do a bunch of Ebay shipping from a couple of days ago. Not an excuse, just saying.

Shane

• Options
    Still working on lists. I have been doing the baseball first. Almost done with those. I should be getting to the football lists this weekend.

OSUeddie,

PM sent.

Shane

• Options
    Here is an update of what I have sorted, what has sold, and those that I am waiting for responses.

CARDINALS - sold

YANKEES - sold partial lot (still have 50 left)

METS - sold partial lot (still have 33 left)

1952 Topps - sold 6 (still have 2 left)

ORIOLES - waiting on reply

TIGERS - waiting on reply

YANKEES (50 remaining) - waiting on reply

PIRATES - waiting on reply

STEELERS - waiting on reply

REDS - details requested

BENGALS - details requested

RAIDERS - details requested

1971 Topps Football - details requested

COWBOYS - details requested

1948 to 1959 Football - waiting on reply

1979 Topps Roy Gerela - pending sale

All Steve Furness - waiting on reply

I also have one request on all remaining football.

Shane

• Options
    Please see original post for the whole story and background on this collection.

Shane

• Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Any NASCAR autographs?
  • Options
    I am not sure. There very well could be. I will let you know, but it will be weeks before I will know. I don't have the bulk in my possession yet.

Shane

• Options
    Bump for a great seller, with fair pricing and lightning fast shipping!
  • Options
    I am interested in the Golf and Basketball

Let me kwow what I have to do

Thanks
  • Options
    Here is another update of what I have sorted, what has sold, and those that I am waiting for responses.

CARDINALS - sold

YANKEES - sold partial lot (still have 50 left)

METS - sold partial lot (still have 33 left)

1952 Topps - sold 6 (still have 2 left)

ORIOLES - waiting on reply

TIGERS - waiting on reply

YANKEES (50 remaining) - waiting on reply

PIRATES - waiting on reply

STEELERS - waiting on reply

REDS - waiting on reply

BENGALS - waiting on reply

RAIDERS - details requested

1971 Topps Football - sold

COWBOYS - sold

1979 Topps Roy Gerela - sold

1979 Topps Steve Furness - sold

Every football card - still have to get details to interested party.

RED SOX - need to give price to interested party (several tough autos); partial lot. Still have several left

1952 Topps Eddie Robinson - sold

Shane

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Thanks a Million for the cards!

GREAT seller! Quick, secure delivery!

• Options
    cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
  • Options
    I can't keep up. I am over on sportscollectors.net, and I have had so many requests that I've been busy all day. It sure would be nice to get people to reply back over here. I've got a bunch sitting on my desk waiting for replies back.

Shane

• Options
    I've sold a bunch more. Too many to update the previous list. Some never got back to me on this board, so I have sold to others who had needs on other message boards - mainly sportscollectors.net. I would say I have sold about 20% by volume. I still have a bunch left and have discovered some really tough autographs.

If you have any needs as far as teams or individuals, please let me know. I am working on Phillies right now for someone here.

Shane

• Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

If there's any Raiders left,let me know,always interested!

Only serious offers and proposals please. I don't want to be lead on. I wasted an entire evening being led on going back and forth. I would rather it not happen again.

LoL! I bet I knowwhoimageimage
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

A little bump for a hardworking fellow collectorimage
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Bump for a nice guy.

Thanks for the quick response.
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick payment, Craig. Cards are packaged and headed to the PO on my lunch today.

Shane