Home Sports Talk
Options

Dale Jr wins pole for Daytona 500

pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
Jeff Gordon on front row with hem.

Comments

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    He sure has not lived up to what was expected of him even though he now has the best equipment money can buy on the most highly sought

after team he could tie up with.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    I think Danica is good for the sport. Her sponsors think so and can make money using her name and 'image.'

The jump from ground effects open wheel cars to a big sedan is huge. Most IRL stars are not really all that well known and she had a chance to
    really shine despite finishing in the 5-10 standings. Now she is against major racing stars and out of her league. Still if I went to a race..I would want to watch Jimmy, Kurt,ect. and yes her back there in 28th position.

Jr is still a fan favorite. Are we comparing him to daddy...probably one of the top 10 nascar drivers of all time, or even grandpa? Born with a silver spoon? Absolutely, but he's not the worst driver on the track. His father could take a 'bad' car and put it in the top ten like no other. Jr can't. If he can't bring a Hendrick car into the top 10 then this question is answered.

Another on that list would be Kyle Petty. 3rd generation after 2 legends and he won only one race in 100's of starts. For his whole carear he was in the 'also ran' category.

I certainly wish Jr luck. For him to win on such 'hallowed ground' would be awesome.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He sure has not lived up to what was expected of him even though he now has the best equipment money can buy on the most highly sought

after team he could tie up with. >>

News Flash!!!!!!!!

All of the top Nascar Teams have the best equipment money can buy and only so many drivers do well or win.

Hopefully Jr is more mature and focused this year because he's proven at certain times how good he can be.

brian