Home Sports Talk
Options

Phillies Suck

HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
All that talent and can't even make it to the World Series last season...pathetic! image

Comments

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Is this a shot at SteveK?
  • Options

<< <i>Is this a shot at SteveK? >>

Nah....image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All that talent and can't even make it to the World Series last season...pathetic! image >>

This season will be different - sometime later this year I'll have a new Phils 2011 WS champs in my sigline.
  • Options
    Not if we have something to say about it!
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Not if we have something to say about it![/q

We? Which member of the Red Sox are you, exactly?
  • Options

<< <i>

We? Which member of the Red Sox are you, exactly? >>

Man, you are right. I am sorry that I associated myself as a team member of the Red Sox in this forum. For those who thought that I was on the 25 man roster, I want to carify that I am not.
  • Options
    OK...I just looked at the roster and depth chart for every MLB team. As a Braves fan, I will be cheering loud and proud for my team....but I would like to say if the Phillies do NOT win it all this year with that group of pitchers and that line up, it may be the biggest waste of talent ever put on the field!!!!! "On paper"....they are far superior to most teams. Pitching wise, the Giants should still be really strong and I guess that group of Carpenter,Wainwright and Westbrook(tons of potential) could still be in the mix, but by a long shot...as much as it pains me to say it...image Philly really does have the team to win it all!

GO BRAVES!!!!!! imageimage

Edited to add.....and here's the challenge to Red Sox fan.....your team should represent the AL based on THAT teams talent!!!
  • Options
    Ownership did their job, now it is up to the players.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

We? Which member of the Red Sox are you, exactly? >>

Man, you are right. I am sorry that I associated myself as a team member of the Red Sox in this forum. For those who thought that I was on the 25 man roster, I want to carify that I am not. >>

Shame; are you at least on the 40? image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options

<< <i>OK...I just looked at the roster and depth chart for every MLB team. As a Braves fan, I will be cheering loud and proud for my team....but I would like to say if the Phillies do NOT win it all this year with that group of pitchers and that line up, it may be the biggest waste of talent ever put on the field!!!!! "On paper"....they are far superior to most teams. Pitching wise, the Giants should still be really strong and I guess that group of Carpenter,Wainwright and Westbrook(tons of potential) could still be in the mix, but by a long shot...as much as it pains me to say it...image Philly really does have the team to win it all!

GO BRAVES!!!!!! imageimage

Edited to add.....and here's the challenge to Red Sox fan.....your team should represent the AL based on THAT teams talent!!! >>

If the Phillies don't win it all this year, I will petition Congress for a full scale investigation on the matter.

• Options
    Right now they are still working on the Eagles case.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Right now they are still working on the Eagles case. >>

Thye need to investigate what sort of drunken binge convinced them to franchise Vick.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options

<< <i>

Thye need to investigate what sort of drunken binge convinced them to franchise Vick. >>

I guess maybe you weren't paying attention to the NFC playoffs. The Eagles just lost to the eventual Super Bowl champions in the NFC playoffs, and Vick obviously played hurt in that game.

Almost any NFL team, except for a few, would love to have the "new" Michael Vick as the starting quarterback on their team...and that's not even remotely debatable.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Almost any NFL team, except for a few, would love to have the "new" Michael Vick as the starting quarterback on their team...and that's not even remotely debatable. >>

This is a first: I agree.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thye need to investigate what sort of drunken binge convinced them to franchise Vick. >>

I guess maybe you weren't paying attention to the NFC playoffs. The Eagles just lost to the eventual Super Bowl champions in the NFC playoffs, and Vick obviously played hurt in that game.

Almost any NFL team, except for a few, would love to have the "new" Michael Vick as the starting quarterback on their team...and that's not even remotely debatable. >>

The way Vick plays he most likely will not make it through a season.