Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

FSHO: 1903 U.S.-Philippines Proof Coins, nearly complete set

A nearly complete 1903 US-Philippines Proof Set missing only the 1/2 centavo. I've had a difficult time figuring out an asking price for these coins as there isn't too much pricing information out there that is easy to find. The 2011 Redbook lists the following values in Proof-60 and Proof-63 condition:

One Centavo: $65 --- $160
Five Centavos: $70 --- $145
Ten Centavos: $75 --- $110
Twenty Centavos: $95 --- $175
Fifty Centavos: $125 --- $200
One Peso: $225 --- $325
Total (6 coins): $655 --- $1115

All of the coins are currently uncertified and in 2x2 cardboard holders. The silver coins in the set (10c-Peso) show varying degrees of impairment as they each exhibit hairlines. The hairlines on the larger coins are visible at some angles, but not horrible. I would say they are consistent with what I see on old US proofs that grade PR60-62. The 10 centavo piece I would say is harshly cleaned as the hairlines are present at nearly every angle such that it is definitely ungradable. The 5 centavos coin has light hairlines but are much harder to see because of the nickel composition. The 1 centavo looks nice to me and I'd probably call it a PR63RB or PR64RB or so. However, the mintage of each coin was ONLY 2,558 pieces!!!

The Redbook has the six coins listed at $655 total if they are in Proof-60 condition. I'm willing to let all six of them go at $550 shipped. Please feel free to contact me with your questions or comments.

***********THE SET IS NOW CURRENTLY ON HOLD********************

Thanks.

Mike

One Centavo
imageimage

Five Centavos
imageimage

Ten Centavos
imageimage

Twenty Centavos
imageimage
imageimage