Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A nice registry story part 2

A few months ago PSA revalued the weights of the cards in the 1966 set. Me being somewhere between Rainman and John Nash when it comes to the set, (not the intelligence, just the nerdiness) saw what I believed were some differences with their weights vs. what was going on in the real market.

I contacted Mr. Orlando and told him that I believed there were discerpancies. He told me I was welcome to send in my weights and that they would review them. So with the help of Al (MCMLVtopps) and another board member who wishes to remain anonymous, we divided the set by three, took about 200 cards each and did a VCP search on the whole set in PSA 8.

Once we got pricing a weight was developed based upon the range of the prices. When the total weights were added up for the master set it came to a total of 874. I think PSA had 869 or so with their total so very little difference for the entire set.

This week I saw that the Master set was updated thanks to Joe and Ms. Cosetta Robbins. Hopefully the regular set and the team sets will not be far behind.

I realize that PSA has too many sets to try to keep up with the market of each of them. I want to thank them for letting the collectors who chase after and try to build the sets do some research and have an opportunity to have a say in the matter, and then implementing the work. At the end of the day I do not think it will change the value of my collection, but Rainman will sleep better, knowing that the numbers are more accurate.

FM

Comments