Home Sports Talk

The Official 2011 Baltimore Orioles run to the...

gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
Now that my Steelers lost the Super Bowl, let's talk some baseball! I'm hoping the Orioles can do better than 3rd place this year, but that is asking an awful lot. Post your comments (good or bad) about the Orioles here! Buck and the boys should at least crack the .500 threshold this year.

Comments

• calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Lets see if they can play .500 ball. There has been some interesting moves, but I can't get excited yet. ---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    The O's always have a potent lineup, and this season will be no different- especially if they can keep healthy. The loss of Roberts for most of last season cost them about 10-15 games at least, the rest were lost on miserable pitching. I seriously doubt it will be better this season, tho Duke is a nice pickup.... In order to go anywhere, they have to win a ton of 10-9 games, as they give up just about as much as they score.... Fortunately, both the Yankees and Rays look weakened and the Jays not much better. You will not beat the Red Sox tho.... They have probably the best pitching staff in the AL right now, plus the additions of Gonzo and Crawford...... Good luck tho! Mebbe you will be this year's Texas!!!
  • I would love to see what Baltimore could do if they just had some kind of rotation; sadly they are in the beast of the east; too much competition from NY, BOS and Tampa.
  • It appears that they have the potential to score more then in the past. Last year was change, weak start strong finish, opposite the usual. Hopefully they get the production they will need from the imports. Biggest obstacles are playing in the east and pitching. I will be there some, Eating at Boogs, still not convinced they have a shot at .500. I am hoping they do well. It is frustrating going and having as many fans as the other team at Camden Yard. We deserve better. Would still like to lose Angelos. I am rooting for .500 but third place is best case scenario. My .02. "Oooo" say can you see.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Oooo" say can you see. >>

!!O!!
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    They are going to upset this year! Go Orioles!
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    They are going to have a very good offense, it will all come down to their pitching.
  • As a fellow Steelers fan, it'd be nice if the Pirates made a run at .500 - then we could talk a Pirates run to winning the division........GO PITTSBURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    1 down, 161 to go!!

<< <i>1 down, 161 to go!! >>

I listened to a portion of the game. They look way better than in the recent past. From a recent perspective , they look sound. I hope it continues. One game doesn't not make a season , but .500 seems like it might happen.----- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    so far so good

wire to wire!!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They are going to have a very good offense, it will all come down to their pitching. >>

They have pitching?
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>They are going to have a very good offense, it will all come down to their pitching. >>

They have pitching? >>

yes they do....

I'll be at the Home Opener tomorrow!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
    very nice start, here's to an opening day win!!!!

3-0
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck to the O's-Anything above 85 wins would be great-

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Well they are now 4-0. The old hope is trying to escape from the deep freezer.

Go O'S !!!! ------- Sonny
  • Must have a little pitching, 4 runs allowed in 4 games.
    they need to pick it up against the yanks this week,

britton is really good!!!!!!!!
    Fred

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I have SUITE tickets for Friday night's game in Cleveland! I hope the rain holds off. This is gonna be a crappy weekend for baseball. Go O's!! image
    O's at 24-24.

Last year the Orioles reach the 24 win mark on June 30th.

I know I'm thinking crazy , but with all their injuries and the other teams , up to this point not running away , this team is starting to remind me of the 1973 Mets. That year the Mets were under .500 until September 21st , mostly due to various players being injured , off and on most of the year.

The Mets played the A's in the World Series. I can dream can't I ?------- Sonny
    thrilled to be at .500 at this time!!!!!!!!!!!

LET's GO O's!!!!!!!!!
    Fred

well that was short lived hopefully they end up over .500 after this trip

LET's GO O's!!!!!
    Fred

well that didn't last long!!!!

back to the drawing board
    Fred

<< <i>O's at 24-24.

Last year the Orioles reach the 24 win mark on June 30th.

I know I'm thinking crazy , but with all their injuries and the other teams , up to this point not running away , this team is starting to remind me of the 1973 Mets. That year the Mets were under .500 until September 21st , mostly due to various players being injured , off and on most of the year.

The Mets played the A's in the World Series. I can dream can't I ?------- Sonny >>

Yes , I was crazy for getting any hope up . They have been 13 - 30 since this post. This soo reminds me of " hopey and changey ". Promises , promises , more and more sound bites we dream of , then crushing reality .----- Sonny Hall
  • Looks like here we go again, happy for the Pirate fans though.
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the addition of Wada will help out the rotation. I still think they need one more starter such as Saunders or Garland to fill in behind guthrie and wada. Britton, arrieta, and matusz could compete to fill out the last 2 spots if we had 3 solid guys up front. Bullpen would be fairly solid if we had some innings eaters and they werent overused. And of course the lineup will be just fine.
    I guess we'll see what moves they will make the rest of the offseason. It will all come down to the pitching.
    I predict within 5 games of .500 either way.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)