Home Sports Talk
Options

Super Bowl prop bets

Copyright Bill Simmons, these are the SB prop bets I would have made if gambling were legal. Feel free to discuss your likes and dislikes about my picks, and/or any other props you have seen that you like:

1. First TD of the game: Aaron Rodgers (12/1)
1a. Ben Roethlisberger (18/1)
*Both teams have stout run defenses, neither QB is afraid to take off and dive for the pylon. Three rushing TD's between the two of them in the playoffs so far.

2. Game score UNDER 45 (-110)
*NO ONE seems to like the under. This is not always a bad thing.

3. Rashard Mendenhall will NOT score a TD (+110)
*see bets #1 and #1a.

4. Mike Wallace UNDER 66.5 yards receiving (even)
*I know they're playing on turf now... but A) The Packers have very good corners, and B) Wallace has 26 receiving yards in the playoffs so far. Yes, that's both games combined.

5. Packers OVER 76.5 rushing yards (-115)
*Hell, Rodgers alone should be good for about 35.

6. Aaron Rodgers WILL throw an INT (-150)
*I know he's the hottest QB on the planet, but if you can throw an INT-free game against THAT defense, which has had two weeks to prepare for you.... well, I'll just tip my cap to you then.

'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
*Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be sure when signing up on a sports betting website and getting ready to place these bets, when they ask for your middle name...just type in "Sucker" because these prop bets are offered at roughly around a 15% to 40% house edge depending on the particular bet - sucker's bets indeed.

These gambling websites are such good samaritans because some of them on the Super Bowl coin flip, offer that as an even money bet with no juice...isn't that just so nice of them? LOL
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call tails..image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I call tails..image >>

Just be careful they aren't using one of those "John Lennon" coins that have "heads" on each side. LOL

John Lennon two heads coin
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanna see what Fergie is gonna wear! image

BTW....that would be the chick performing at halftime with the Black Eyed Peas....not our beloved forum member that opens all that great wax!!! image
  • Options
    Is there a prop bet that the Mets will lose more than 90 games? If so, I'm all over that one..image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Is there a prop bet that the Mets will lose more than 90 games? If so, I'm all over that one..image >>

Come on now...it's not even spring training yet...ya gotta have hope. image
  • Options
    << Is there a prop bet that the Mets will lose more than 90 games? If so, I'm all over that one.. >>

Come on now...it's not even spring training yet...ya gotta have hope.

Well, once Wilpon is indicted for fraud, maybe the new owner can get us moving in the right direction again..

• Options

<< <i>I just wanna see what Fergie is gonna wear! image >>

Kinda a let downimage
  • Options
    I'm glad I didn't bet tails on that coin flip, LOL..

• Options

<< <i>I'm glad I didn't bet tails on that coin flip, LOL.. >>

The infamous CU Sports Talk prediction jinx at work again - it never fails. LOL
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    I took Wallace getting more than 65 1/2, the over, Rodgers won't throw an interception, Rodgers over 272 1/2 and Jennings to catch the first reception of the game. Only loss was point difference in the game would be odd number- which it was at 3 until they kicked the field goal.
    Pretty impressed with Rodgers and his accomplishments throughout the year with all those injuries. IMO the best QB this year.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Wow- you'd think that just by pure, blind luck I would have gotten ONE of them right. But nope. image
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA