Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Fleer Vending = Bad idea?

i realize the overall risks associated with vending as a whole, but was wondering if there were any issues with Fleers Vending that i should know about, as ive never opened Fleer Vending before.

i am wondering if the cards might be minty-er due to lack of popularity, which would usually mean less "moving around" as a whole
Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

Comments

• Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭
    I have opened 1981 and 1982 boxes before and I didn't have a problem (no corner dings or miscuts). As I recall, Fleer Vending boxes were labeled 1 thru 4, and 4 boxes made 3 complete sets (1980 cards) with 20 cards left over. The 20 miscellaneous cards (5 from each box) are stacked neatly against the back wall of the box. All in all I would say good idea if you want to make 3 raw sets.
    Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    All of the Ripkens that I've ever pulled from 1982 Fleer vending boxes all had the print smudging on the fronts. Cards were sharp though.
  • Options
    thank you for the replies guys.

are the Fleer Vending boxes in numerical order then? if so, then i guess they are "searchable" by the number (1-4) on the outside of the box?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭
    They are not in numerical order, but Box #1 and Box #2 contain the 660 cards for Set #1, Box #2 and Box #3 contain the 660 cards for Set #2, and Box #3 and Box #4 contain the 660 cards for Set #3. Somewhere out there, there is a diagram showing this that the Fleer Corp. created...hopefully someone will chime in with this photo.
    Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    I've had decent luck with GEM grades from 85 vending. Good Luck. I wouldn't mind busting some 81s just to see if I could pull some nicely centered stars. My luck with 81 Fleer wax has been horrible.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently bought an 1984 Fleer Vending box everything was beautiful, got a nice PSA 10 Mattingly from the box.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies