Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Update: Consigned my friends collection to Goodwin.

Hi,
Sorry for bringing back an old topic but I still receive emails about the status of the cards. In case anyone needs refreshing, my friend inherited a beautiful collection of mostly pre war cards and I have been helping him sell the cards off. Original Thread. I realized I was in over my head so I sent the nicer cards off to Goodwin. The auction ends February 11th Link.

This is the first time I have consigned an item to an auction house so hopefully they do well and sorry for hyping up my cards on the boards.

Lot 50
Lot 70 Honus Wagner - Only one known!!!
Lot 77
Lot 78
Lot 79

Lots 86, 102, 105, 145, 146, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 288, 298, 302, 333, 334, 440, 441
My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Three words

Buy
    sell
    Trade

..and four more
    thanks for the update
  • Options
    It's a shame you didnt offer some of the items for sale here and over at Net54, you could have gotten some good money and avoided the auction house hassle.
  • Options
    Looks like they are off to great starts. With those type of cards with really no track record of sales, I think the auction house was a wise decision.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭
    I agree that the auction house was a good choice for these cards. good luck with the auctions.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    I want to bid in the auction, but when i went to register it is asking for 2 references...anyone here can help??
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I know we get mad at people hyping up their auctions on here, rather than on the B/S/T forum... but with cards like these, I think we can find an exception.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Great collection and it looks like the prices are doing well. Good luck.