Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question on Selling Etiquette EBAY vs. OFF EBAY

If someone offers you to take an EBAY listing down to do the transaction off of EBAY, is it wrong to take it down after there have been some bids?
Currently collecting all sports HOF Rookie Cards graded by PSA...for my sons Jayce & Luke.

Successful dealings with: ChiSoxCardboard,
lbcoach20, ShootyBabitt, cincyredlegs, pclpads, jwgators, hoopguru33, mphilking, daverat, Hallco, corvette1340, 8irvin8, Pre72, Estil, BigDaddyBowman, al032184. 1966CUDA, gwinny, samspop

Comments

• Options
    Nope, just cancel the listing and chose the "Item is no longer available for sale" reason. It may piss off the bidders, but if you get your price, then it doesn't matter. However, if you make a habit of canceling listings, then you may lose some customers.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Quite honestly......at this point with the crazy fees on EBAY; a seller needs to do what they need to do---minus shilling auctions.

I'm okay with them ending the listing.

Mickey71
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If someone offers you to take an EBAY listing down to do the transaction off of EBAY, is it wrong to take it down after there have been some bids? >>

When that happens to me, I usually wait to see if the bids pass the offer. 9 times out of 10, they do not and I have to shut the auction down. A bird in the hand beats two in the bush.
  • Options

<< <i>If someone offers you to take an EBAY listing down to do the transaction off of EBAY, is it wrong to take it down after there have been some bids? >>

Morning,

In my opinion, Absolutely yes it is wrong! When I get an offer for an item that already has bids, I tell them, Bid!

I do agree with everything else Mickey says!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options

Do what you want, you own it and can choose how to sell it that is in your best interest.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    According to ebay you can.

I prefer to let my auctions run it's course.

Good for you.