Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay auctions ending Super Bowl Sunday

Does it matter if I have auctions ending Sunday or am I hurting my sales? Don't most people use sniping services or put in their bid early?

Somewhat on the subject - it used to be the common belief that Sundays was the best day to end auctions. Is that still the case?

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    No...I find Sundays to be not so hot anymore. PWCC also ends his auctions during the weeknight. And I would ESPECIALLY not end it during the big game!
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Would relist those auctions especially if it is something sports related.

Sunday's in general have been going downhill for me also with final ending sales of auctions. I prefer to now get auctions to end on weekdays around 9 to 10 pm est. This way seems to work best for me.
  • Options
    I just changed everything to end on Monday. Give everyone that calls in sick that day something to do.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I like Tuesdays and Wednesdays to end auctions.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Thursdays were always the biggest night for me.
  • Options
    Super Bowl Sunday is a bad day to end an auction. It's a good time to get some bargains as a buyer. Unless the game is a blow-out there won't be much bidding.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    I think Sundays are still the best day to end an auction. If you have an auction that ends late Sunday after the Super Bowl, you may get some bidders who are loosened up by booze. Never a bad thing (unless they don't pay)!
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."