Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Shipping to Phillippines...suggestions?

I have a card listed on eBay and have received an offer from a Phillippines buyer. The card is over $100.

They have offered to send an extra $15 to ship Priority International.

I have never had a problem with an International shipment, but have never used the Priority service (looks like $13.95 per the USPS website).

Should I be wary of a possible scam here?

Comments

• Options
    Just make sure that the service you are looking at using is PP compliant to be covered in an INR case.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I sent some cards to the Phillipines not too long ago...waiting to see how it ends up........
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    There are many Filipino sports collectors. The biggest Exquisite case breakers are from there. They probably bust 40+ cases of NBA a year.(Huge Jordan fans).

Edited to add: Basketball and their videos are on YouTube. Funny guys!
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Probably basketball, am I correct? Yes, there are quite a few. I have mailed to Philippines a few times. Flat rate international mail and mail it INSURED otherwise someone in Philippines customs or postal delivery may steal it. If you send it insured then it is tracked and not likely to be stolen by customs or their mail system. I have only had that happen once though.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Priority Intl is not PP compliant to PI.

Express Mail Intl is PP compliant; Global Express, also.

$35 or less. $100 INS included.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    Thanks storm!!
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    What city are you sending it to? I have been in the Philippines and they love basketball there.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !