Home Precious Metals

Where are we today....as if anyone really knows?...... THE MUDDLE EAST..... Feb/30/11

1.High National debt, dropping National income in the USA.Cat Nip for everyone.

2. Total instability in the largest Nation in the Muddle East.

3. The Nation, as usual, appears to have been caught by suprise.

4. Washington very quiet indeed.

5. PMs seem unusually quiet so far

6.Vast military implications due to Egypt

7. Egypt has always been on the edge of poverty. What will this revolution
do to that already weak economy.

8. Once more, we know not were we come from, not where we are going to or how to get there.

9. We are going from a STATE OF SELF DECEPTION to a STATE OF TOTAL CONFUSION

10. What is next, Pearl Harbor gets attacked and bombed again?
There once was a place called
Camelotimage

Comments

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Feb/30/11image Love the title Bear!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb/30/11

State of confusion?
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    ever listen to the director's comments in the movie "Vanilla Sky"

David's (Tom Cruise) Mustang (New York) has a registration of 02/30/01, only ten yeras off, Bear!

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the Tunisian dictator skipped town with what? A ton and a half of gold?

Egypt is a much bigger boodle. Maybe the market is anticipating Moobaruk getting out with 15 or 16 tons.

"Ya steal 16 tons, and whadda ya get?
    Another day older and nowhere in debt!"

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

I have a feeling that Friday was the fun day.

The fun looks to be over in GLD, on the Egyptian panic front.

If that is so, the AU slide should resume and the S&P will be fun on
    Monday. An early morning in/out may be all that is there, tho.

AA might be safe LONG at pre-market open. Dump by about 11 am,
    or sooner. Just guessin'.

IF stocks are way up in pre-market, it might be best to stay out and
    just watch.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee Bear, where you are seems to be not very happy, based on your list. Not sure where you live, but in my America:

1. Another record income year, seventh straight increase and salary more than doubled in 7 years

2. Egypt is a fascinating country with an amazing history. My daughter is studying it in her Montessori school.

3. News on the TV is expected, but no one clusters around the set, following every story

4. We're have a favorable view on the balance in the federal government right now, looking forward to a more stable 2 years ahead

5. PM portion of asset mix up in value threefold in past few years, box of gold and silver almost too heavy to lift

6. Jets often fly in and out of Miramar and we watch and hear them come and go, ready to defend or attack against threats

7. We're glad the middle east is so far away and it's so peaceful in our middle class neighborhood with good parks and schools

8. Our families have bettered themselves for generations, and we're teaching values of effort and responsibility to our children

9. We are going to go to the beach tomorrow to get a STATE oF RELAXATION and may drive by Torrey Pines on a lark, watch some golf and gliders

10. Next is get some sleep, go to work developing products made in America, come home to a good wife and a good life

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gee Bear, where you are seems to be not very happy, based on your list. Not sure where you live, but in my America:

1. Another record income year, seventh straight increase and salary more than doubled in 7 years

2. Egypt is a fascinating country with an amazing history. My daughter is studying it in her Montessori school.

3. News on the TV is expected, but no one clusters around the set, following every story

4. We're have a favorable view on the balance in the federal government right now, looking forward to a more stable 2 years ahead

5. PM portion of asset mix up in value threefold in past few years, box of gold and silver almost too heavy to lift

6. Jets often fly in and out of Miramar and we watch and hear them come and go, ready to defend or attack against threats

7. We're glad the middle east is so far away and it's so peaceful in our middle class neighborhood with good parks and schools

8. Our families have bettered themselves for generations, and we're teaching values of effort and responsibility to our children

9. We are going to go to the beach tomorrow to get a STATE oF RELAXATION and may drive by Torrey Pines on a lark, watch some golf and gliders

10. Next is get some sleep, go to work developing products made in America, come home to a good wife and a good life >>

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Coholk,I wish I could be optimistic like you. I hope you are right

in all things.image
    Camelotimage
  • DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard today that king tut's mask was vandalized.....is that true?
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Coholk,I wish I could be optimistic like you. I hope you are right

in all things.image >>

I just have a different perspective Bear. The way I see it, Americans have been living the life of lobster and filet mignon for the last 30 years. They were promised Creme Brulee for dessert. Of course this lifestyle is unsustainable so now Americans will eat haddock and pork chops with a brownie sundae for dessert. That still sounds like a mighty fine dinner to me. Is it a dropoff from the last meal, of course, but it is not the end of the world and that dinner is still better than 99.999999% that the worlds population eats.

So be proud to live in America, the greatest country for the last 200 years, and the next 200 years. Sure there are bumps in the road, just as there were since 1776, but here are no problems the human spirit cannot overcome. My kids will establish great lives for themselves, of that I am sure!!

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

We are close to the eve of WWIII.

If you have no PMs, buy some.

A 12-month+ food supply would also be a good investment.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.

• << <i>We are close to the eve of WWIII.

A 12-month+ food supply would also be a good investment. >>

WW3? You will need more than PM's and a years food supply.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>We are close to the eve of WWIII.

A 12-month+ food supply would also be a good investment. >>

WW3? You will need more than PM's and a years food supply. >>

A fallout shelter would help.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time I had lobster was in 1974, and I haven't had filet mignon for about 15 years. I prefer chocolate chip cookies to Creme Brulee anyway. I've worked and saved my entire life.

I am thankful for what I've been able to earn with my education and experience in this, the greatest land of opportunity that has ever existed.

ON THE OTHER HAND - I am unhappy that the government wants to take what I've saved from me and give to some who never bothered to study or work. I'm unhappy that a manchurian candidate who is so blase' about our history and our law is so willing to tear down our society and to replace it with a utopian dream that has never worked every time that it has been tried, simply because he has an attitude about American colonialism in the 3rd world.

Let's review. Nobody ever extracted oil or created a market for it in Algeria, Saudi, Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, or UAE before the Brits and Americans came and PAID the tentdwellers handsomely for the rights to do so. By any measure, the Brits and the US could have come in and simply taken it. Now, because we did things in mostly ethical ways, we are paying a heavy price. Never mind the immense wealth that has been squandered by the Kingdoms in the Oil States for decades and decades while their rulers have for the most part brutally oppressed their own peoples.

America is blamed for many problems throughout the world, just as I expect to be blamed for being educated and hard-working. Except for a tin can and a cherry b**b sometime around 45 years ago, I don't remember ever using e*plo*ives to bl*w anything up. And yet, our own Homeland Security Administration has politicos who can't (and won't) protect our borders but who would consider ordinary people like me to be more a threat than illegals coming here to get free stuff simply because they can get away with it.

Now, I find that my way of life is being targeted and blamed for people on the other side of the world not having enough to eat or clean water. People from degenerate cultures move here and expect to make us think like they do. America is being smeared with bad intent from one end of the globe to the other, but the truth never seems to get much traction. That tends to make me a bit testy, and I tend to agree with Bear's points.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jm, I think you're holding back on us. Let it out. image

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• ya yell it out
    dont send sheep to kill a wolf...
  • dimplesdimples Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
    " Americans have been living the life of lobster and filet mignon for the last 30 years. They were promised Creme Brulee for dessert. Of course this lifestyle is unsustainable so now Americans will eat haddock and pork chops with a brownie sundae for dessert."

Please pass me the mashed potatoes and biscuits please.

Seriously I agree 100% with your thoughts.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    All bets are off now! Them Egyptians started throwing rocks today. It might turn into civil war!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    I agree with you jmski52. The fuzzy people (not you Bear) need to grow some thick skin and start doing things right.
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    I certainly hope everyone is watching the sequence of events in Egypt as well as the behavior of the people, the gov and their agents, and the international community at each stage. It will also be good reference material for studying how they bring quiet to the insurrection of the people. There is likely a considerable amount of blackberry play outside of the borders that we aren't privy to as we're talking Suez canal here and that's about the money...big money.
  • The Eastern world has lost their humanity! Did they ever have it? The Western world has too much humanity! We try to help everyone. It is a time to remember "IN GOD WE TRUST" and never forget it. When that pharse is placed on every currency in the world, we'll have PEACE.

• BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    The next step in lethality, would be throwing 5 day old falafel.
    Camelotimage