Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1969 MLB Photostamps and 1970

After many tries I finally have a grasp on this set but need some more verification. We have all seen the normal 12 stamp sheets that PSA grades they are correctly identified and cataloged in the bible, but the 1970 set is a little off I'll revisit that later. But the 69 set was released 2 ways it seems early in the 69 year it was released in 4 book 2 per league each holding 48 stamps for a total of 192 individuals. Then evidently the initial release was a success and they re-released it in 2 albums and 18 sheets of 12 for a total of 216 individuals. They are easy to tell from each other as the later release is on duller paper and the back of them are different as shown below. My question is about the 4 early books I only have the NL East book so can only verify those 48 anyone have the other books to verify the other players.

Comments

• Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    ask Swartz1...he most likely would be able to tell you.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yep Swartzie is the guy.

Good for you.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken, there were also sheets issued that contained 4 stamps per page. Also, not sure if it was '69 or '70, but a national magazine had a page with an All-Star lineup different from any of the regular issue pages. I can't remember if those were perforated or not, though. Swartz will provide the definitive answer on this, I'm sure.