Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

state quarter error - off center, straight clip as well?

So here is the quarter to go with the dime I posted yesterday. is this the same type of error? Where the dime was pretty much "flat", there is a bit of "cupping"(?) from 9-11 obverse/7-9 reverse. Comments, opinions, estimates(?) welcome.

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,082 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a ragged clip.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off center on a Ragged Straight Clip with damage.

The damage on this one is not as bad as the other one. This coin is worth quite a bit even with the damage, very nice find. It will not slab however.
  • Options
    gargoyle62gargoyle62 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    thanks guys.

ErrorOnCoins - nothing I have is slabbed, as most of what I have isn't worth the cost of getting them slabbed
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a real good chance that the damage was caused in the Mint, though I don't think you would ever be able to prove it.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There is a real good chance that the damage was caused in the Mint, though I don't think you would ever be able to prove it. >>

Even so, it would still be considered PMD.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file