Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I need a picture of your favorite coin, token, or medal for a project (have all I need now, thanks)

I posted this on the Liteside but I DEFINITELY want Darkside representation here!

Edit- I meant "there". Sorry. Post 'em over THERE.

I'll save some of the ones that already got posted here, though. Thanks.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    1990 Penny Black 150th Anniversary German Penny. Bi-metallic Gold/Silver

imageimage
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    OK, I'll play along. I guess I don't really have a favorite coin, but here is a coin I like:

Judaea AE Prutha of Antonius Felix issued in AD 54

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    You know where my stuff is, right?

LINK
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1887 Geneva Federal Shooting Festival Medal
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that this is my favorite, but is one that keeps me coming back.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key qualifier to your request appears to be eye appeal. Many of my favorite medals lack this qualifier, except maybe to myself. However, the one item in my collection which may fit your requirements is this one:

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    China, undated gold vault protector:

trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is the darkside!!!!!!! Yummy Yummy!!!! image
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Impossible to choose only one - but for today I'll go with this one:

Middlesex Political and Social Series DH #226 - a political campaign token for Admiral Gardner in the 1796 election for the House of Commons seat from Westminster against Charles Fox and Horne Tooke. Admiral Gardner finished second and took one of the two seats for Westminster, Charles Fox won the election and took the other seat. Charles Fox led the opposition in the House of Commons, facing off against Prime Minister William Pitt (the younger). Horne Tooke was a well known political reactionary.

R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Maybe one of these, Rob, if you don't have a USPI Peso yet.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    theboz11- 'fraid that won't work- there's only one side, and there is a little bit of glare at the top. Thanks, though.

Aethelred- would rather have the Aethelred II penny you took your forum name from, if you have decent bigger pix of it (I know you do).

Zohar- I'll save that one. Unless you've got a superduper thaler you'd like to share.

STLNATS- Papal stuff is already represented, but I'll save that if you want it to be the one. I'm unfamiliar with the type, though. Coin or medal?

harasha- if I use that, I'll have to crop the mount off it. What is it? German? Austrian? (Edit- aha-I just noticed the double-headed eagle hiding in all that ornate engraving, so I'm guessing the latter, eh?)

trozau- what's a "vault protector"?

Farthing- saved it. We'll probably lose some of the small lettering when it's reduced in size, though.

Filamcoins- I saw the PR peso you posted on the Liteside version of this thread. It is beautiful but the toning was a tad too thick, I believe. I have saved your 1906 peso instead.

If anybody else posts one, please post it over on the Liteside clone thread. I got so busy saving pix over there that I forgot somebody might post over here.

I think I'm close to having all I need now, though. Thanks, all. (Edit- I only need eight more)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Its a testone of Alexander VIII.
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably this one:

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Hi Rob, I posted two Bolivian pieces on the US Forum. Let me know if either work.
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    So hard to choose my top coin out of about 3-4 of my favourite coins.

Currently I'd say this one:

1461-1475 Germany Mayence 1 Golden ANACS AU55

Probably because it's my latest purchase for my collection, and I'm looking forward to viewing it in hand.

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1873 World Exhibition in Vienna.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    "If anybody else posts one, please post it over on the Liteside clone thread."

You are sure making this a lot of work and you know most of us don't like to go over there!

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    sylsyl Posts: 906 ✭✭✭
    I'm not even sure what the "lightside" actually is, as I seldom post. Here's my favorite and I use it as an avatar on some sites.
  • Options
    It changes almost by the day as a piece grabs me and I shift interest.

This one has been my favorite for the past 6 months or so image

No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Options
    Is the half penny for sale Don? image
  • Options
    I'm wondering if there is a more attractive or impressive profile in coinage than the French Marianne.....