Gold price suppression? proof for the non-believers

derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent article!
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Long winded yet no wasted words.

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So. What would that mean for world currency if the central bank swap schemes were exposed as fact?
    Would there be a worldwide monetary devalue (most likely) or possibly complete collapse?
    Any speculation on the "true" value of gold?
    How bad would things get? Instantly worthless currency? Riots & looting perhaps?
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since a central bank can leverage up control of the smaller gold market to influence the currency markets, why wouldn't they do it? Means, motive and opportunity. I'd be astounded if they weren't doing it....and very disappointed as I figure they are pretty smart fellows.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>Any speculation on the "true" value of gold? >>

True value of gold is it's industrial and fabrication value which is much less than its current spot price. It's value as an international medium of exchange is limited only to what a buyer is willing to pay for it and how much they value the currency they are using to pay for it.

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

True value of gold is it's industrial and fabrication value which is much less than its current spot price. It's value as an international medium of exchange is limited only to what a buyer is willing to pay for it and how much they value the currency they are using to pay for it. >>

Well, I knew that much... hence the word "speculation". image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

True value of gold is it's industrial and fabrication value which is much less than its current spot price. It's value as an international medium of exchange is limited only to what a buyer is willing to pay for it and how much they value the currency they are using to pay for it. >>

Well, I knew that much... hence the word "speculation". image >>

OK, I speculate that gold is worth 6500 an oz.

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    well it's been said that the "true" value should be ~ $2300 an ounce, if you extrapolate the "true" devaluation of the dollar

i don't think we will EVER see thie "true" value. in some ways i hope we do not...it could be a global financial collapse.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Americans will believe almost anything

?---If there were no gold, would there still be civilization? Maybe humans would find some other warm colored, shiny metal to adore?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear